The Lagan Tookit is a set of alignment programs for comparative genomics. The three main components are a pairwise aligner (LAGAN), a multiple aligner (M-LAGAN), and a glocal aligner (Shuffle-LAGAN). All three are based on the CHAOS local alignment tool and combine speed (regions up to several megabases can be aligned in minutes) with high accuracy. The results of the alignment can be visualized using the VISTA visualization tool.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Federico, Maria; Peterlongo, Pierre; Pisanti, Nadia; Sagot, Marie-France: Rime: repeat identification (2014)
- Giancarlo, R.; Scaturro, D.; Utro, F.: Textual data compression in computational biology: algorithmic techniques (2012)
- Iliopoulos, Costas S.; Rahman, M.Sohel: Indexing factors with gaps (2009)
- Lemaitre, Claire; Sagot, Marie-France: A small trip in the untranquil world of genomes: a survey on the detection and analysis of genome rearrangement breakpoints (2008)
- Abouelhoda, Mohamed Ibrahim; Ohlebusch, Enno: Chaining algorithms for multiple genome comparison (2005)
- Choi, Jeong-Hyeon; Cho, Hwan-Gue; Kim, Sun: GAME: A simple and efficient whole genome alignment method using maximal exact match filtering (2005)