A methodology for adaptive finite element analysis: Towards an integrated computational environment. We accomplish the general implementation of the superconvergent patch recovery (SPR) and the recently proposed recovery-by-equilibrium in patches (REP). Both SPR and REP are compared and used for error estimation and for guiding the adaptive remeshing process. Moreover, the SPR is extended for calculating sensitivity quantities of first- and higher-orders. We accomplish the mesh (re-)generation process by means of modern methods, combining quadtree and Delaunay triangulation techniques. Surface mesh generation in arbitrary domains is performed automatically (i.e. with no user intervention) during the self-adaptive analysis, using quadrilateral or triangular elements. These ideas are implemented in the finite element system technology in adaptivity (FESTA) software. The effectiveness and versatility of FESTA are demonstrated by numerical examples.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Park, Kyoungsoo; Paulino, Glaucio H.; Celes, Waldemar; Espinha, Rodrigo: Adaptive mesh refinement and coarsening for cohesive zone modeling of dynamic fracture (2012)
- Mukherjee, Subrata; Mukherjee, Yu Xie: Boundary methods. Elements, contours, and nodes. (2005)
- Chung, Soon Wan; Kim, Seung Jo: A remeshing algorithm based on bubble packing method and its application to large deformation problems. (2003)
- Kim, Jeong-Ho; Paulino, Glaucio H.: An accurate scheme for mixed-mode fracture analysis of functionally graded materials using the interaction integral and micromechanics models (2003)
- Li, Gang; Paulino, Glaucio H.; Aluru, N. R.: Coupling of the mesh-free finite cloud method with the boundary element method: a collocation approach. (2003)
- Kompiš, Vladimir (ed.): Selected topics in boundary integral formulations for solids and fluids (2002)
- Ghosh, Somnath; Lee, Kyunghoon; Raghavan, Prasanna: A multi-level computational model for multi-scale damage analysis in composite and porous materials (2001)
- Paulino, Glaucio H.; Liu, Yong: Implicit consistent and continuum tangent operators in elastoplastic boundary element formulations (2001)
- Paulino, G.H.; Menezes, I.F.M.; Cavalcante Neto, J.B.; Martha, L.F.: A methodology for adaptive finite element analysis: Towards an integrated computational environment (1999)