Visual MISER: an efficient user-friendly visual program for solving optimal control problems. The FORTRAN MISER software package has been used with great success over the past two decades to solve many practically important real world optimal control problems. However, MISER is written in FORTRAN and hence not user-friendly, requiring FORTRAN programming knowledge. To facilitate the practical application of powerful optimal control theory and techniques, this paper describes a Visual version of the MISER software, called Visual MISER. Visual MISER provides an easy-to-use interface, while retaining the computational efficiency of the original FORTRAN MISER software. The basic concepts underlying the MISER software, which include the control parameterization technique, a time scaling transform, a constraint transcription technique, and the co-state approach for gradient calculation, are described in this paper. The software structure is explained and instructions for its use are given. Finally, an example is solved using the new Visual MISER software to demonstrate its applicability.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Li, Bin; Guo, Xiaolong; Zeng, Xiaodong; Dian, Songyi; Guo, Minhua: An optimal PID tuning method for a single-link manipulator based on the control parametrization technique (2020)
- Liu, Chongyang; Han, Meijia: Time-delay optimal control of a fed-batch production involving multiple feeds (2020)
- Molloy, Timothy L.; Ford, Jason J.; Perez, Tristan: Online inverse optimal control for control-constrained discrete-time systems on finite and infinite horizons (2020)
- Pang, Bo; Jiang, Zhong-Ping; Mareels, Iven: Reinforcement learning for adaptive optimal control of continuous-time linear periodic systems (2020)
- Wu, Di; Bai, Yanqin; Xie, Fusheng: Time-scaling transformation for optimal control problem with time-varying delay (2020)
- Zhang, Ying; Yu, Changjun; Xu, Yingtao; Bai, Yanqin: Minimizing almost smooth control variation in nonlinear optimal control problems (2020)
- He, Jin Feng; Xu, Wei; Feng, Zhi Guo; Yang, Xinsong: On the global optimal solution for linear quadratic problems of switched system (2019)
- Wu, Di; Bai, Yanqin; Yu, Changjun: A new computational approach for optimal control problems with multiple time-delay (2019)
- Zhang, Jinxing; Yuan, Jinlong; Dong, Zhenyu; Feng, Enmin; Yin, Hongchao; Xiu, Zhilong: Strong stability of optimal design to dynamic system for the fed-batch culture (2017)
- Gong, Zhaohua; Loxton, Ryan; Yu, Changjun; Teo, Kok Lay: Dynamic optimization for robust path planning of horizontal oil wells (2016)
- Wang, Yujing; Yu, Changjun; Teo, Kok: A new computational strategy for optimal control problem with a cost on changing control (2016)
- Yang, Feng; Teo, Kok Lay; Loxton, Ryan; Rehbock, Volker; Li, Bin; Yu, Changjun; Jennings, Leslie: Visual MISER: an efficient user-friendly visual program for solving optimal control problems (2016)