STOMP subsurface transport over multiple phases. Subsurface Transport Over Multiple Phases (STOMP) is a sequential numerical simulator for modeling multifluid flow and transport through geologic media. Written in ANSI Standard FORTRAN, STOMP has been executed on a variety of platforms at national laboratories, government agencies, private companies, and universities. STOMP-SC is a scalable, parallel scientific computer code, which, like STOMP, comprises a collection of operational modes for modeling subsurface flow and reactive transport and is being implemented on the massively parallel computers at the Environmental Molecular Science Laboratory. STOMP-SC is currently under development, offering a subset of the STOMP operational modes and process modeling capabilities. The STOMP and STOMP-SC simulators are currently being used nationally and internationally at research laboratories and universities. Certain versions of STOMP are available for distribution, while others are restricted to research use only. A general summary of capabilities is shown below. See Operational Modes for a more detailed description of specific capabilities.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Steefel, C.I.; Appelo, C.A.J.; Arora, B.; Jacques, D.; Kalbacher, T.; Kolditz, O.; Lagneau, V.; Lichtner, P.C.; Mayer, K.U.; Meeussen, J.C.L.; Molins, S.; Moulton, D.; Shao, H.; Šimůnek, J.; Spycher, N.; Yabusaki, S.B.; Yeh, G.T.: Reactive transport codes for subsurface environmental simulation (2015)
- Bandilla, Karl W.; Celia, Michael A.; Elliot, Thomas R.; Person, Mark; Ellett, Kevin M.; Rupp, John A.; Gable, Carl; Zhang, Yipeng: Modeling carbon sequestration in the Illinois Basin using a vertically-integrated approach (2012)
- Painter, Scott L.: Three-phase numerical model of water migration in partially frozen geological media: model formulation, validation, and applications (2011)
- Gasda, S.E.; Nordbotten, J.M.; Celia, M.A.: Vertical equilibrium with sub-scale analytical methods for geological CO$_2$ sequestration (2009)
- Suk, Heejun; Yeh, Gour-Tsyh: Multiphase flow modeling with general boundary conditions and automatic phase-configuration changes using a fractional-flow approach (2008)