The solver has been applied to a number of complex large-scale problems by groups at NASA Langley, industry, and academia. (See the Applications section of this manual.) Internally, the software has been used to study airframe noise, space transportation vehicles, flow control devices using synthetic jets, the design of wind tunnel and flight experiments, and so forth. Boeing, Lockheed, Cessna, New Piper, and others have used the tools for applications such as high-lift, cruise performance, and studies of revolutionary concepts. The software has also been used for military applications, large-scale computer science research at national labs, as well as algorithmic studies performed at universities around the country. For example, researchers at Georgia Tech have been using FUN3D as their base for rotorcraft work.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Günther, Stefanie; Gauger, Nicolas R.; Wang, Qiqi: Simultaneous single-step one-shot optimization with unsteady PDEs (2016)
- Jessup, Elizabeth; Motter, Pate; Norris, Boyana; Sood, Kanika: Performance-based numerical solver selection in the Lighthouse framework (2016)
- Mueller, Jens-Dominik: Essentials of computational fluid dynamics (2016)
- Todarello, Giovanni; Vonck, Floris; Bourasseau, Sébastien; Peter, Jacques; Désidéri, Jean-Antoine: Finite-volume goal-oriented mesh adaptation for aerodynamics using functional derivative with respect to nodal coordinates (2016)
- Zhang, Man; Frendi, Abdelkader: Effect of airfoil leading edge waviness on flow structures and noise (2016)
- Mazaheri, Alireza; Nishikawa, Hiroaki: Improved second-order hyperbolic residual-distribution scheme and its extension to third-order on arbitrary triangular grids (2015)
- Nishikawa, Hiroaki: Accuracy-preserving boundary flux quadrature for finite-volume discretization on unstructured grids (2015)
- Parsani, Matteo; Carpenter, Mark H.; Nielsen, Eric J.: Entropy stable discontinuous interfaces coupling for the three-dimensional compressible Navier-Stokes equations (2015)
- Lockwood, Brian; Mavriplis, Dimitri: Gradient-based methods for uncertainty quantification in hypersonic flows (2013)
- Nielsen, E.J.; Jones, W.T.: Integrated design of an active flow control system using a time-dependent adjoint method (2011)
- Lucas, Peter; van Zuijlen, Alexander H.; Bijl, Hester: Fast unsteady flow computations with a Jacobian-free Newton-Krylov algorithm (2010)
- Berggren, Martin; Ekstrom, Sven-Erik; Nordstrom, Jan: A discontinuous Galerkin extension of the vertex-centered edge-based finite volume method (2009)