FLORA: Implementing an efficient DOOD system using a tabling logic engine. This paper reports on the design and implementation of FLORA -- a powerful DOOD system that incorporates the features of F-logic, HiLog, and Transaction Logic. FLORA is irnplemented by translation into XSB, a tabling logic engine that is known for its efficiency and is the only known system that extends the power of Prolog with an equivalent of the Magic Sets style optimization, the well-founded semantics for negation, and many other important features. We discuss the features of XSB that help our effort as well as the areas where it falls short of what is needed. We then describe our solutions and optimization techniques that address these problems and make FLORA much more efficient than other known DOOD systems based on F-logic.
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Kagal, Lalana; Finin, Tim: Modeling conversation policies using permissions and obligations. (2007) ioport
- Saha, Diptikalyan; Ramakrishnan, C.R.: A local algorithm for incremental evaluation of tabled logic programs (2006)
- Yang, Guizhen; Kifer, Michael: Inheritance in rule-based frame systems: Semantics and inference (2006)
- Maluszyński, Jan: On integrating rules into the semantic web (2003)
- Yang, Guizhen; Kifer, Michael: Reasoning about anonymous resources and meta statements on the semantic web (2003)
- Gupta, Amarnath; Ludäscher, Bertram; Martone, Maryann E.; Qian, Xufei; Ross, Edward; Tran, Joshua; Zaslavsky, Ilya: A system for managing alternate models in model-based mediation (2002)
- Yang, Guizhen; Kifer, Michael: On the semantics of anonymous identity and reification (2002)
- Yang, Guizhen; Kifer, Michael: Well-founded optimism: Inheritance in frame-based knowledge bases (2002)
- Demoen, Bart; Sagonas, Konstantinos: Heap memory management in prolog with tabling: Principles and practice (2001)
- Davulcu, Hasan; Yang, Guizhen; Kifer, Michael; Ramakrishnan, I.V.: Design and implementation of the physical layer in webbases: The XRover experience (2000)
- Yang, Guizhen; Kifer, Michael: FLORA: Implementing an efficient DOOD system using a tabling logic engine (2000)