In this paper we present an autonomous and complete tool for optimizing the performance parallel programs on multiprocessor architectures. The concern of TOPPER’s users is bound to the construction of two separate graphs, describing the overall application’s task partitioning and interprocess communication requirements, as well as the architecture of the available multiprocessor system. TOPPER proceeds with the elaboration of these two graphs and proposes an efficient task mapping, aiming to minimize the application’s overall execution time. When the communication between the various tasks is carried out with the use of MPI routines, the tool not only proposes an optimal task allocation but also can execute automatically the parallel application on the target multiprocessing machine.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Ding, Xinxin; Tang, Changjie; Zeng, Tao; Zhang, Peisong; Xu, Kaikuo; Liu, Qihong: A parallel particle swarm optimization algorithm based on best particle-shared and layered search (2008)
- Roth, Marcel; Biermann, Horst: Thermo-mechanical fatigue behaviour of a modern (\gamma)-TiAl alloy (2008)
- Kang, Hong Tae; Lee, Yung-Li; Chen, Jim; Fan, David: A thermo-mechanical fatigue damage model for variable temperature and loading amplitude conditions (2007)
- Korsunsky, Alexander M.; Dini, Daniele; Dunne, Fionn P. E.; Walsh, Michael J.: Comparative assessment of dissipated energy and other fatigue criteria (2007)
- Mann, T.; Härkegård, G.; Stärk, K.: Short fatigue crack growth in aluminium alloy 6082-T6 (2007)
- Meggiolaro, Marco Antonio; De Oliveira Miranda, Antonio Carlos; de Castro, Jaime Tupiassú Pinho: Short crack threshold estimates to predict notch sensitivity factors in fatigue (2007)
- Gabern, Frederic; Koon, Wang S.; Marsden, Jerrold E.; Ross, Shane D.: Theory and computation of non-RRKM lifetime distributions and rates in chemical systems with three or more degrees of freedom (2005)
- Noroozi, A. H.; Glinka, G.; Lambert, S.: A two parameter driving force for fatigue crack growth analysis (2005)
- Sum, Wei Siang; Williams, Edward J.; Leen, Sean B.: Finite element, critical-plane, fatigue life prediction of simple and complex contact configurations (2005)
- Konstantinou, Dimitris; Koziris, Nectarios: TOPPER: An integrated environment for task allocation and execution of MPI applications onto parallel architectures (2003)
- Konstantinou, Dimitris; Koziris, Nectarios; Papakonstantinou, George: TOPPER: A tool for optimizing the performance of parallel applications (2001)