NSMB (Navier-Stokes Multiblock). Recent applications in aerodynamics with NSMB structured multiblock solver. We present our recent work ( NSMB code) on three fronts of Navier-Stokes simulations, namely the one-equation Spalart-Allmaras turbulence model, the matrix LU-SGS implicit scheme, and their implementation on IBM SP2, Cray T3D, NEC SX4 and Fujitsu VX. We investigate how these advances in the code perform in the context of three different test cases. For the test case of the aircraft configuration, we show that with the Baldwin-Lomax turbulence model a Navier-Stokes simulation at 3.5 M grid points converges in 2000 time steps and can be run overnight on the Cray T3D with 128 processors. The computed results agree with experiments to within about 2% for lift and about 4% for drag coefficients.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 2 standard articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Hoarau, Yannick; Deloze, Thibaut; Ponce, Anthony; Pena, Dorian; Dušek, Jan: Fluid-structure interaction modeling with chimera grids in NSMB (2014)
- Klinger, L.; Vos, J.B.; Appert, K.: A simplified gradient evaluation on non-orthogonal meshes; application to a plasma torch simulation method. (2004)
- Caruelle, B.; Ducros, F.: Detached-eddy simulations of attached and detached boundary layers (2003)
- Benkenida, A.; Bohbot, J.; Jouhaud, J. C.: Patched grid and adaptive mesh refinement strategies for the calculation of the transport of vortices (2002)
- Rizzi, Arthur; Görtz, Stefan; LeMoigne, Yann: Aspects of the simulation of vortex flows over delta wings. (2002)
- Carlson, J.R.; Duquesne, N.; Rumsey, C.L.; Gatski, T.B.: Computation of turbulent wake flows in variable pressure gradient (2001)
- Ducros, F.; Laporte, F.; Soulères, T.; Guinot, V.; Moinat, P.; Caruelle, B.: High-order fluxes for conservative skew-symmetric-like schemes in structured meshes: Application to compressible flows (2000)
- Weber, Carlos; Ducros, Frédéric: Large eddy and Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes simulations of turbulent flow over an airfoil (2000)
- Ducros, F.; Ferrand, V.; Nicoud, F.; Weber, C.; Darracq, D.; Gacherieu, C.; Poinsot, T.: Large-eddy simulation of the shock/turbulence interaction (1999)
- Weber, Carlos; Gacherieu, Cyril; Rizzi, Arthur; Ytterström, Anders; Vos, Jan; Duquesne, Nathalie; Tourette, Loic: Recent applications in aerodynamics with NSMB structured multiblock solver (1998)