PLaSM: functional language for computing with geometry. The design language PLaSM is a geometry-oriented extension of a subset of FL. FL Language: FL (programming at Function Level) is a language developed by the Functional Programming Group of IBM Research Division at Almaden (USA) [BWW90, BWWLA89]. The FL language, on the line of the Backus’ Turing lecture [Backus78] introduces an algebra over programs and has an awesome expressive power. PLaSM Language: PLaSM, (the Programming LAnguage for Solid Modeling) is a ”design language” for geometric and solid parametric design, developed by the CAD Group at the Universities ”La Sapienza” and ”Roma Tre” [PS92, PPV95]. The language is strongly inFLuenced by FL. With few sintactical differences, it can be considered a geometric extension of a FL subset.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Bajaj, C.; Baldazzi, C.; Cutchin, S.; Paoluzzi, A.; Pascucci, V.; Vicentino, M.: A programming approach for complex animations. I: Methodology. (1999)
- Paoluzzi, A.; D’Ambrogio, A.: A programming approach for complex animations. II: Reconstruction of a real disaster. (1999)
- Pascucci, V.; Ferrucci, V.; Paoluzzi, A.: Dimension-independent convex-cell based HPC skeletons and product (1996)
- Martini, Kirk: Hierarchical geometric constraints for building design (1995)
- Paoluzzi, A.; Sansoni, C.: Programming language for solid variational geometry (1992)
Further publications can be found at: http://www.plasm.net/docs/papers/plasm_papers/