FCMLab: A finite cell research toolbox for MATLAB. The recently introduced Finite Cell Method combines the fictitious domain idea with the benefits of high-order finite elements. Although previous publications demonstrated the method’s excellent applicability in various contexts, the implementation of a three-dimensional Finite Cell code is challenging. To lower the entry barrier, this work introduces the object-oriented MATLAB toolbox FCMLab allowing for an easy start into this research field and for rapid prototyping of new algorithmic ideas. The paper reviews the essentials of the methods applied and explains in detail the class structure of the framework. Furthermore, the usage of the toolbox is discussed by means of different two- and three-dimensional examples demonstrating all important features of FCMLab (http://fcmlab.cie.bgu.tum.de/).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Nagaraja, S.; Elhaddad, M.; Ambati, M.; Kollmannsberger, S.; De Lorenzis, L.; Rank, E.: Phase-field modeling of brittle fracture with multi-level \textithp-FEM and the finite cell method (2019)
- Stolfo, Paolo Di; Rademacher, Andreas; Schröder, Andreas: Dual weighted residual error estimation for the finite cell method (2019)
- Bog, Tino; Zander, Nils; Kollmannsberger, Stefan; Rank, Ernst: Weak imposition of frictionless contact constraints on automatically recovered high-order, embedded interfaces using the finite cell method (2018)
- Taghipour, Aliakbar; Parvizian, Jamshid; Heinze, Stephan; Düster, Alexander: The finite cell method for nearly incompressible finite strain plasticity problems with complex geometries (2018)
- Jomo, John N.; Zander, Nils; Elhaddad, Mohamed; Özcan, Ali; Kollmannsberger, Stefan; Mundani, Ralf-Peter; Rank, Ernst: Parallelization of the multi-level (hp)-adaptive finite cell method (2017)
- Varduhn, Vasco; Hsu, Ming-Chen; Ruess, Martin; Schillinger, Dominik: The tetrahedral finite cell method: higher-order immersogeometric analysis on adaptive non-boundary-fitted meshes (2016)
- Xu, Fei; Schillinger, Dominik; Kamensky, David; Varduhn, Vasco; Wang, Chenglong; Hsu, Ming-Chen: The tetrahedral finite cell method for fluids: immersogeometric analysis of turbulent flow around complex geometries (2016)
- Kollmannsberger, S.; Özcan, A.; Baiges, J.; Ruess, M.; Rank, E.; Reali, A.: Parameter-free, weak imposition of Dirichlet boundary conditions and coupling of trimmed and non-conforming patches (2015)
- Schillinger, Dominik; Ruess, Martin: The finite cell method: a review in the context of higher-order structural analysis of CAD and image-based geometric models (2015)
- Zander, Nils; Bog, Tino; Kollmannsberger, Stefan; Schillinger, Dominik; Rank, Ernst: Multi-level (hp)-adaptivity: high-order mesh adaptivity without the difficulties of constraining hanging nodes (2015)