Program MARK, a Windows Vista or XP program, provides parameter estimates from marked animals when they are re-encountered at a later time. Re-encounters can be from dead recoveries (e.g., the animal is harvested), live recaptures(e.g., the animal is re-trapped or re-sighted), radio tracking, or from some combination of these sources of re-encounters. The time intervals between re-encounters do not have to be equal, but are assumed to be 1 time unit if not specified. More than one attribute group of animals can be modeled, e.g., treatment and control animals, and covariates specific to the group or the individual animal can be used. The basic input to program MARK is the encounter history for each animal. MARK can also provide estimates of population size for closed populations. Capture (p) and re-capture (c) probabilities for closed models can be modeled by attribute groups, and as a function of time, but not as a function of individual-specific covariates. ..
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- McCrea, Rachel S.; Morgan, Byron J. T.: Analysis of capture-recapture data (2015)
- Worthington, Hannah; King, Ruth; Buckland, Stephen T.: Analysing mark-recapture-recovery data in the presence of missing covariate data via multiple imputation (2015)
- Laake, Jeffrey L.; Johnson, Devin S.; Diefenbach, Duane R.; Ternent, Mark A.: Hidden Markov model for dependent mark loss and survival estimation (2014)
- Higgs, Megan D.; Link, William A.; White, Gary C.; Haroldson, Mark A.; Bjornlie, Daniel D.: Insights into the latent multinomial model through mark-resight data on female grizzly bears with cubs-of-the-year (2013)
- Matechou, E.; Morgan, B.J.T.; Pledger, S.; Collazo, J.A.; Lyons, J.E.: Integrated analysis of capture-recapture-resighting data and counts of unmarked birds at stop-over sites (2013)
- Stoklosa, Jakub; Dann, Peter; Huggins, Richard: Inference on partially observed quasi-stationary Markov chains with applications to multistate population models (2012)
- Laake, J.L.; Collier, B.A.; Morrison, M.L.; Wilkins, R.N.: Point-based mark-recapture distance sampling (2011)
- Macbeth, Gilbert M.; Broderick, Damien; Ovenden, Jennifer R.; Buckworth, Rik C.: Likelihood-based genetic mark-recapture estimates when genotype samples are incomplete and contain typing errors (2011)
- Litt, Andrea R.; Steidl, Robert J.: Improving estimates of abundance by aggregating sparse capture-recapture data (2010)
- Mazzetta, Chiara: Age specificity in conditional ring-recovery models (2010)
- Mccrea, R.S.; Morgan, B.J.T.; Gimenez, O.; Besbeas, P.; Lebreton, J.-D.; Bregnballe, T.: Multi-site integrated population modelling (2010)
- Schofield, Matthew R.; Barker, Richard J.: A unified capture-recapture framework (2008)