Samtools is a suite of programs for interacting with high-throughput sequencing data. It consists of three separate repositories: Samtools: Reading/writing/editing/indexing/viewing SAM/BAM/CRAM format. BCFtools: Reading/writing BCF2/VCF/gVCF files and calling/filtering summarising SNP and short indel sequence variants. HTSlib: A C library for reading/writing high-throughput sequencing data. Samtools and BCFtools both use HTSlib internally, but these source packages contain their own copies of htslib so they can be built independently.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Shomroni, Orr: Development of algorithms and next-generation sequencing data workflows for the analysis of gene regulatory networks (2017)
- Carugo, Oliviero (ed.); Eisenhaber, Frank (ed.): Data mining techniques for the life sciences (2016)
- Lawrence, Michael; Morgan, Martin: Scalable genomics with R and bioconductor (2014)
- Zhao, Zhigen; Wang, Wei; Wei, Zhi: An empirical Bayes testing procedure for detecting variants in analysis of next generation sequencing data (2013)
- Giancarlo, R.; Scaturro, D.; Utro, F.: Textual data compression in computational biology: algorithmic techniques (2012)
- Policriti, Alberto; Tomescu, Alexandru I.; Vezzi, Francesco: A randomized numerical aligner (rNA) (2012)
- Li, Heng; Handsaker, Bob; Wysoker, Alec; Fennell, Tim; Ruan, Jue; Homer, Nils; Marth, Gabor; Abecasis, Gonçalo R.; Durbin, Richard: The sequence alignment/Map format and samtools (2009) ioport