DISPRO: A discrete programming package. The DISPRO package is open for modification and further development. Its modular structure allows expansion of the source language, incorporation of new system and application modules, realization in the current version of an interface with DBMS and other application packages (e.g., report generator, matrix generator), synthesis of the package with PL/1 and FORTRAN IV programming systems. The first version of DISPRO released in 1980 has successfully passed the requisite acceptance tests and is now officially part of the optimization packages supported by ES series computers. As outlined in this article, the package has tremendous possibilities for solving a wide range of discrete optimization problems. So far, certain classes of discrete programming problems could be solved by LP ASU , VEKTOR-1, the Z-system , and TsP  application packages. In addition, some packages have been developed in recent years for mathematical programming and operations research (DISPLAN, an interactive planning system ; PTP, optimization of transportation problems ; PMP, separable and parametric linear programming; DILOS, interactive system for unconstrained optimization, nonlinear programming, and optimal control; ORBITAL’, unconstrained optimization and approximation ; NDO, nondifferentiable and stochastic optimization ; and other less known packages reviewed, in particular, in . New optimization packages are currently being developed in response to increased demands for quality, efficiency, and applicability in various MIS and ADPS. The next version of the DISPRO package is being designed on the basis of the appropriate principles and requirements for modern method-oriented packages, including accumulation and analysis of package performance data (these data may be used to improve the package software and structure), large dimensionality of the relevant problems, operating reliability, commercial development of packages, and their usability in integrated data processing systems. In conclusion, DISPRO was developed by the concerted effort of a large team. In particular, we should mention the contributions of Yu. M. Ermol’ev, V. L. Volkovich, A. I. Kuksa, Yu. Yu. Chervak, N. S. Podgorodetskaya, E. S. Karpinka, V. M. Sementsova, V. I. Artemenko, and other members of the team.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Sergienko, I.V.; Shor, N.Z.: Academician V. S. Mikhalevich as a scientist and science organizer (on the occasion of his 70th birthday) (2000)
- Parasyuk, I.N.; Provotar, A.I.: Optimization issues in structured-modular composition programming technology (1995)
- Sergienko, I.V.: Some directions and results of research in mathematical programming and system analysis (1995)
- Mikhalevich, V.S.; Sergienko, I.V.; Shor, N.Z.; Trubin, V.A.; Artemenko, V.I.; Roshchin, V.A.; Zhurbenko, N.G.; Kozeratskaya, L.N.; Lebedeva, T.T.; Potapchuk, G.A.: DISNEL: An application package for solving discrete and nonlinear optimization problems (1991)
- Trubin, V.A.: Dynamic decomposition method for linear programming problems with generalized upper bounds (1986)
- Mikhalevich, V.S.; Sergienko, I.V.; Shor, N.Z.: Investigation of optimization methods and their applications (1981)