DELPHES, a framework for fast simulation of a generic collider experiment. This paper presents a new C++ framework, DELPHES, performing a fast multipurpose detector response simulation. The simulation includes a tracking system, embedded into a magnetic field, calorimeters and a muon system, and possible very forward detectors arranged along the beamline. The framework is interfaced to standard file formats (e.g. Les Houches Event File or HepMC) and outputs observables such as isolated leptons, missing transverse energy and collection of jets which can be used for dedicated analyses. The simulation of the detector response takes into account the effect of magnetic field, the granularity of the calorimeters and subdetector resolutions. A simplified preselection can also be applied on processed events for trigger emulation. Detection of very forward scattered particles relies on the transport in beamlines with the HECTOR software. Finally, the FROG 2D/3D event display is used for visualisation of the collision final states.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Dumont, Béranger: Higgs, supersymmetry and dark matter after run I of the LHC (2017)
- Zhang, Tonglin; Yang, Baijian: An exact approach to ridge regression for big data (2017)
- Zeune, Lisa: Constraining supersymmetric models. Using Higgs physics, precision observables and direct searches (2016)
- S.V. Chekanov: HepSim: a repository with predictions for high-energy physics experiments (2014) arXiv
- Redi, Michele; Sanz, Veronica; De Vries, Maikel; Weiler, Andreas: Strong signatures of right-handed compositeness (2013)
- Banerjee, Piyali; Martin, Adam; Sanz, Veronica: Distinguishing among technicolor/warped scenarios in dileptons (2012)
- Barceló, R.; Carmona, A.; Chala, M.; Masip, M.; Santiago, J.: Single vectorlike quark production at the LHC (2012)
- Fuks, Benjamin: Beyond the minimal supersymmetric standard model: from theory to phenomenology (2012)
- Hashi, Manami; Kitazawa, Noriaki: Signatures of low-scale string models at the LHC (2012)
- Alwall, Johan; Herquet, Michel; Maltoni, Fabio; Mattelaer, Olivier; Stelzer, Tim: MadGraph 5: going beyond (2011)
- Gripaios, Ben; Papaefstathiou, Andreas; Sakurai, Kazuki; Webber, Bryan: Searching for third-generation composite leptoquarks at the LHC (2011)
- S. Ovyn, X. Rouby, V. Lemaitre: Delphes, a framework for fast simulation of a generic collider experiment (2010) arXiv