FRIP: a region-based image retrieval tool using automatic image segmentation and stepwise Boolean AND matching. We present our region-based image retrieval tool, finding region in the picture (FRIP), that is able to accommodate, to the extent possible, region scaling, rotation, and translation. Our goal is to develop an effective retrieval system to overcome a few limitations associated with existing systems. To do this, we propose adaptive circular filters used for semantic image segmentation, which are based on both Bayes’ theorem and texture distribution of image. In addition, to decrease the computational complexity without losing the accuracy of the search results, we extract optimal feature vectors from segmented regions and apply them to our stepwise Boolean AND matching scheme. The experimental results using real world images show that our system can indeed improve retrieval performance compared to other global property-based or region-of-interest-based image retrieval methods.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Yu, Zhiwen; Wong, Hau-San; You, Jane; Han, Guoqiang: Visual query processing for efficient image retrieval using a SOM-based filter-refinement scheme (2012)
- Ko, Byoungchul; Seo, Misuk; Nam, Jae Yeal: Microscopic cell nuclei segmentation based on adaptive attention window (2009)
- Wu, Jie; Qiu, Zhengding; Sun, Dongmei: A hierarchical identification method based on improved hand geometry and regional content feature for low-resolution hand images (2008)
- Zajić, Goran; Kojić, Nenad; Radosavljević, Vladan; Rudinac, Maja; Rudinac, Stevan; Reljin, Nikola; Reljin, Irini; Reljin, Branimir: Accelerating of image retrieval in CBIR system with relevance feedback (2007)
- Fu, Hong; Chi, Zheru; Feng, Dagan: Attention-driven image interpretation with application to image retrieval (2006)