The SANET toolbox: new methods for network spatial analysis. This paper describes new methods, called network spatial methods, for analyzing spatial phenomena that occur on a network or alongside a network (referred to as network spatial phenomena). First, the paper reviews network spatial phenomena discussed in the related literature. Second, the paper shows the uniform network transformation, which is used in the study of non-uniform distributions on a network, such as the densities of traffic and population. Third, the paper outlines a class of network spatial methods, including nearest neighbor distance methods, K-function methods, cell count methods, clumping methods, the Voronoi diagrams and spatial interpolation methods. Fourth, the paper shows three commonly used computational methods to facilitate network spatial analysis. Fifth, the paper describes the functions of a GIS-based software package, called SANET, that perform network spatial methods. Sixth, the paper compares network spatial methods with the corresponding planar spatial methods by applying both methods to the same data set. This comparison clearly demonstrates how different conclusions can result. The conclusion summarizes the major findings.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Blanquero, Rafael; Carrizosa, Emilio: Solving the median problem with continuous demand on a network (2013)
- Ang, Qi Wei; Baddeley, Adrian; Nair, Gopalan: Geometrically corrected second order analysis of events on a linear network, with applications to ecology and criminology (2012)
- Hiyoshi, Hisamoto: Spline interpolation on networks (2010)
- Griffith, Daniel A.: Modeling spatial autocorrelation in spatial interaction data: empirical evidence from 2002 Germany journey-to-work flows (2009)
- Okabe, Atsuyuki: Preface (2009)
- Yamada, Ikuho; Rogerson, Peter A.; Lee, Gyoungju: \itgeosurveillance: a GIS-based system for the detection and monitoring of spatial clusters (2009)
- Yamada, Ikuho; Shiode, Narushige: Introduction: in tribute to dr. Atsuyuki okabe (2009)
- Okabe, Atsuyuki: Generalized Voronoi diagrams on networks: an outline (2008)
- Hackney, Jeremy K.; Bernard, Michael; Bindra, Sumit; Axhausen, Kay W.: Predicting road system speeds using spatial structure variables and network characteristics (2007)
- Xu, Zengwang; Sui, Daniel Z.: Small-world characteristics on transportation networks: a perspective from network autocorrelation (2007)
- Okabe, Atsuyuki; Satoh, Toshiaki: Uniform network transformation for points pattern analysis on a non-uniform network. (2006)