LUBM: A benchmark for OWL knowledge base systems. We describe our method for benchmarking Semantic Web knowledge base systems with respect to use in large OWL applications. We present the Lehigh University Benchmark (LUBM) as an example of how to design such benchmarks. The LUBM features an ontology for the university domain, synthetic OWL data scalable to an arbitrary size, 14 extensional queries representing a variety of properties, and several performance metrics. The LUBM can be used to evaluate systems with different reasoning capabilities and storage mechanisms. We demonstrate this with an evaluation of two memory-based systems and two systems with persistent storage.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Alabbas, Maytham; Ramsay, Allan: Natural language inference for Arabic using extended tree edit distance with subtrees (2013) ioport
- Kollia, Ilianna; Glimm, Birte: Optimizing SPARQL query answering over OWL ontologies (2013)
- Cuenca Grau, Bernardo; Motik, Boris; Stoilos, Giorgos; Horrocks, Ian: Completeness guarantees for incomplete ontology reasoners: theory and practice (2012)
- Füller, Matthias; Nüßer, Willi; Rustemeyer, Thomas: Context driven process selection and integration of mobile and pervasive systems (2012) ioport
- Groppe, Sven: Data Management and query processing in semantic web databases. (2011)
- Liu, Xiufeng; Thomsen, Christian; Pedersen, Torben Bach: 3XL: supporting efficient operations on very large OWL Lite triple-stores (2011) ioport
- Dersingh, Anand; Liscano, Ramiro; Jost, Allan; Finnson, John; Senthilnathan, Rajiv: Utilizing semantic knowledge for access control in pervasive and ubiquitous systems (2010) ioport
- Ramanujam, Sunitha; Gupta, Anubha; Khan, Latifur; Thuraisingham, Bhavani; Seida, Steven: R2D: a framework for the relational transformation of RDF data (2009)
- Wu, Gang; Li, Juan-Zi; Hu, Jian-Qiang; Wang, Ke-Hong: System $\Pi $: a native RDF repository based on the hypergraph representation for RDF data model (2009) ioport
- Haarslev, Volker; Möller, Ralf: On the scalability of description logic instance retrieval (2008)
- Ruckhaus, Edna; Kolovski, Vladimir; Parsia, Bijan; Cuenca, Bernardo: Integrating Datalog with OWL: Exploring the AL-log approach (2006)
- Guo, Yuanbo; Pan, Zhengxiang; Heflin, Jeff: LUBM: A benchmark for OWL knowledge base systems. (2005) ioport