CutFEM: Discretizing geometry and partial differential equations. We discuss recent advances on robust unfitted finite element methods on cut meshes. These methods are designed to facilitate computations on complex geometries obtained, for example, from computer-aided design or image data from applied sciences. Both the treatment of boundaries and interfaces and the discretization of PDEs on surfaces are discussed and illustrated numerically.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Burman, Erik; Hansbo, Peter; Larson, Mats G.; Zahedi, Sara: Cut finite element methods for coupled bulk-surface problems (2016)
- Gross, Sven; Ludescher, Thomas; Olshanskii, Maxim; Reusken, Arnold: Robust preconditioning for XFEM applied to time-dependent Stokes problems (2016)
- Safdari, Masoud; Najafi, Ahmad R.; Sottos, Nancy R.; Geubelle, Philippe H.: A NURBS-based generalized finite element scheme for 3D simulation of heterogeneous materials (2016)
- Burman, Erik; Claus, Susanne; Hansbo, Peter; Larson, Mats G.; Massing, André: CutFEM: discretizing geometry and partial differential equations (2015)
- Burman, Erik; Claus, Susanne; Massing, André: A stabilized cut finite element method for the three field Stokes problem (2015)