OPTI: lowering the barrier between open source optimizers and the industrial MATLAB user. or those interested in tackling industrial optimization problems, typical approaches include either purchasing a sophisticated and often specialised solver perhaps with accompanying consulting support, using an internet-based optimization server or using a Matlab toolbox. While there are a number of open source optimization solvers that enable one to solve a wide range of continuous and discrete, linear and nonlinear, medium and large-scale optimization problems, only a few contain useable pre-compiled binaries for Windows. The initiative described in this work, Opti , bridges this gap by providing an intuitive object-based general optimization platform that interfaces with many of those freely available, and those with low or no-cost licence requirements, high-quality optimization codes all accessible within the rapid development environment Matlab. The user needs not compile or build the various tools, but still leverages off the advantages of using high-end desktop hardware (such as 64bit multi-core processors) and remaining in a powerful and familiar development environment.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Müller, Juliane; Woodbury, Joshua D.: GOSAC: global optimization with surrogate approximation of constraints (2017)
- Papp, Dávid: Semi-infinite programming using high-degree polynomial interpolants and semidefinite programming (2017)
- Pecci, Filippo; Abraham, Edo; Stoianov, Ivan: Penalty and relaxation methods for the optimal placement and operation of control valves in water supply networks (2017)
- Regis, Rommel G.; Wild, Stefan M.: CONORBIT: constrained optimization by radial basis function interpolation in trust regions (2017)
- Csercsik, Dávid: Competition and cooperation in a bidding model of electrical energy trade (2016)
- de Oliveira, Welington: Regularized optimization methods for convex MINLP problems (2016)
- Gouv^ea, Érica J.C.; Regis, Rommel G.; Soterroni, Aline C.; Scarabello, Marluce C.; Ramos, Fernando M.: Global optimization using $q$-gradients (2016)
- Müller, Juliane: MISO: mixed-integer surrogate optimization framework (2016)
- Newby, Eric; Ali, M.Montaz: Transformation-based preprocessing for mixed-integer quadratic programs (2016)
- Tröltzsch, Anke: A sequential quadratic programming algorithm for equality-constrained optimization without derivatives (2016)
- Nicodème, Marc; Turcu, Flavius; Dossal, Charles: Optimal dual certificates for noise robustness bounds in compressive sensing (2015)