What is and How to use KeTCindy --- Linkage between Dynamic Geometry Software and TeX graphics capabilities --- Though TeX has become a quite popular tool in the area of mathematical science because it offers extensive facilities to typeset high-quality mathematical documents, using the graphics capabilities originally inherited to it for the generation of high-quality mathematical artwork has not been an easy task for usual TeX users. One of the most hopeful schemes to remove this defect should be that we utilize other symbolic/numerical computing software (like Mathematica, Maple, Matlab, Maxima, Scilab, etc.) or dynamic geometry software (like GeoGebra, Cinderella, etc.) to compute graphical data and format it into TeX graphical code. In this talk, we will introduce KeTCindy which is a Cinderella plug-in to generate high-quality TeX graphics. While graphical images of mathematical objects are generated and handled interactively on Cinderella screen, the corresponding graphical data are formatted into TeX graphical codes which leads to the generation of high-quality graphical images in TeX final outputs. The interactive operation on PC display can be directly reflected to the generated image on TeX final output through KeTCindy system, and the generated image can be finely tuned by KeTCindy commands embedded into the scripting language of Cinderella. Therefore, KeTCindy can be regarded as one of the most prominent schemes to establish the effective linkage between visualization tools and editing tools. Moreover, KeTCindy makes it possible to import the data calculated or simulated by using other computing software (like Maxima, Scilab, Risa/Asir and R) and combine them with the graphical data, so that extremely wide range of mathematical objects can be presented. We will show some eminent capabilities of Ketcindy and also the usage of it.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 2 standard articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Takato, Setsuo; McAndrew, Alasdair; Vallejo, José A.; Kaneko, Masataka: Collaborative use of KeTCindy and free computer algebra systems (2017)
- Greuel, Gert-Martin (ed.); Koch, Thorsten (ed.); Paule, Peter (ed.); Sommese, Andrew (ed.): Mathematical software -- ICMS 2016. 5th international conference, Berlin, Germany, July 11--14, 2016. Proceedings (2016)
- Hamaguchi, Naoki; Takato, Setsuo: Generating data for 3D models (2016)
- Kaneko, Masataka: The actual use of KeTCindy in education (2016)
- Kobayashi, Shigeki; Takato, Setsuo: Cooperation of KeTCindy and computer algebra system (2016)
- Takato, Setsuo: What is and how to use KeTCindy -- linkage between dynamic geometry software and LaTeX graphics capabilities -- (2016)
- Usui, Hisashi: How to generate figures at the preferred position of a TeX document (2016)
- Yamashita, Satoshi: The programming style for drawings from KeTpic to KeTCindy (2016)
- Kaneko, Masataka; Yamashita, Satoshi; Kitahara, Kiyoshi; Maeda, Yoshifumi; Nakamura, Yasuyuki; Kortenkamp, Ulrich; Takato, Setsuo: KETCindy -- collaboration of Cinderella and KETpic. Reports on CADGME 2014 conference working group (2015) MathEduc