Quaternion Toolbox for Matlab. Matlab® is a proprietary software system for calculating with matrices of real and complex numbers, developed and sold by The MathWorks. Quaternions are hypercomplex numbers (that is generalizations of the complex numbers to higher dimensions than two). For an introduction, refer to the Wikipedia article on Quaternions. For an introduction to octonions, refer to the Wikipedia article: Octonions. Quaternion toolbox for Matlab® extends Matlab® to allow calculation with matrices of quaternions in almost the same way that one calculates with matrices of complex numbers. This is achieved by defining a private type to represent quaternion matrices and overloadings of many standard Matlab® functions. The toolbox supports real and complex quaternions (that is quaternions with four real or complex components). From version 2 of the toolbox, octonions are also supported (but not to the same extent, or with the same level of maturity as the quaternions).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Li, Ying; Wei, Musheng; Zhang, Fengxia; Zhao, Jianli: Real structure-preserving algorithms of Householder based transformations for quaternion matrices (2016)
- Li, Ying; Wei, Musheng; Zhang, Fengxia; Zhao, Jianli: A fast structure-preserving method for computing the singular value decomposition of quaternion matrices (2014)
- Wang, Minghui; Ma, Wenhao: A structure-preserving method for the quaternion LU decomposition in quaternionic quantum theory (2013)
- Sangwine, Stephen J.; Ell, Todd A.: Complex and hypercomplex discrete Fourier transforms based on matrix exponential form of Euler’s formula (2012)
- Guo, Li-Qiang; Zhu, Ming: Quaternion Fourier-Mellin moments for color images (2011)
- Sangwine, Stephen J.; Ell, Todd A.; Le Bihan, Nicolas: Fundamental representations and algebraic properties of biquaternions or complexified quaternions (2011)
- Took, Clive Cheong; Mandic, Danilo P.: Augmented second-order statistics of quaternion random signals (2011)
- Wang, Minghui: Algorithm Q-LSQR for the least squares problem in quaternionic quantum theory (2010)
- Le Bihan, Nicolas; Sangwine, Stephen J.: Jacobi method for quaternion matrix singular value decomposition (2007)
- Sangwine, Stephen J.; Le Bihan, Nicolas: Quaternion singular value decomposition based on bidiagonalization to a real or complex matrix using quaternion Householder transformations (2006)