The paper is devoted to promoting and describing the use and advantages of a software package COOPT for optimal control of large scale differential algebraic equation systems, including also the nonlinear case. It is emphasized that the package uses the multiple shooting discretization method, which is also briefly described. Next the basic structure and implementation of COOPT is described with particular emphasis given to control parametrization, optimization constraints, control continuity and other constraints, residual computations, integration tolerances and finally to sensitivity of optimal solutions. At the end, a simple example is provided.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Hussien, Hussien Shafei; Akel, Mohemed Saad; El Khatib, Mostafa Ali: A spectral optimization method for solving boundary value problems for nonlinear systems of elliptic partial differential equations with a package software (2010)
- Bertolazzi, Enrico; Biral, Francesco; Da Lio, Mauro: Symbolic-numeric efficient solution of optimal control problems for multibody systems (2006)
- Bertolazzi, E.; Biral, F.; Lio, M.: Symbolic-numeric indirect method for solving optimal control problems for large multibody systems (2005)
- Serban, Radu; Koon, Wang S.; Lo, Martin W.; Marsden, Jerrold E.; Petzold, Linda R.: Halo orbit mission correction maneuvers using optimal control (2002)
- Serban, Radu; Petzold, Linda R.: COOPT -- a software package for optimal control of large-scale differential-algebraic equation systems (2001)