httperf -- a tool for measuring web server performance. This paper describes httperf, a tool for measuring web server performance. It provides a flexible facility for generating various HTTP workloads and for measuring server performance. The focus of httperf is not on implementing one particular benchmark but on providing a robust, high-performance tool that facilitates the construction of both micro- and macro-level benchmarks. The three distinguishing characteristics of httperf are its robustness, which includes the ability to generate and sustain server overload, support for the HTTP/1.1 protocol, and its extensibility to new workload generators and performance measurements. In addition to reporting on the design and implementation of httperf this paper also discusses some of the experiences and insights gained while realizing this tool.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Paraiso, Fawaz; Merle, Philippe; Seinturier, Lionel: soCloud: a service-oriented component-based paas for managing portability, provisioning, elasticity, and high availability across multiple clouds (2016)
- Shi, Xuanhua; Jiang, Hongbo; He, Ligang; Jin, Hai; Wang, Chonggang; Yu, Bo; Chen, Xueguang: Developing an optimized application hosting framework in clouds (2013)
- Canali, Claudia; Colajanni, Michele; Malandrino, Delfina; Scarano, Vittorio; Spinelli, Raffaele: A novel intermediary framework for dynamic edge service composition (2012)
- Malandrino, Delfina; Mazzoni, Francesca; Riboni, Daniele; Bettini, Claudio; Colajanni, Michele; Scarano, Vittorio: MIMOSA: context-aware adaptation for ubiquitous web access (2010)
- Sharifian, Saeed; Motamedi, Seyed A.; Akbari, Mohammad K.: An approximation-based load-balancing algorithm with admission control for cluster web servers with dynamic workloads (2010)
- Do, Tien Van; Krieger, Udo R.; Chakka, Ram: Performance modeling of an apache web server with a dynamic pool of service processes (2008)
- Kusic, Dara; Kephart, Jeffrey O.; Hanson, James E.; Kandasamy, Nagarajan; Jiang, Guofei: Power and performance management of virtualized computing environments via lookahead control (2008)
- Shao, Zhiyuan; Jin, Hai; Cheng, Bin; Jiang, Wenbin: ER-TCP: An efficient TCP fault-tolerance scheme for cluster computing (2008)
- Zhu, Xiaoyun; Young, Donald; Watson, Brian J.; Wang, Zhikui; Rolia, Jerry; Singhal, Sharad; McKee, Bret; Hyser, Chris; Gmach, Daniel; Gardner, Robert; Christian, Tom; Cherkasova, Ludmila: 1000 islands: An integrated approach to resource management for virtualized data centers (2008)
- Grieco, Raffaella; Malandrino, Delfina; Scarano, Vittorio: A scalable cluster-based infrastructure for edge-computing services (2006)
- Marlow, Simon: Developing high-performance server applications in Haskell, case study: a Haskell web server (2001)
- Mosberger, David; Jin, Tai: Httperf - a tool for measuring web server performance. (1998)