OmniRPC: A grid RPC facility for cluster and global computing in OpenMP. Omni remote procedure call facility, OmniRPC, is a thread-safe grid RPC facility for cluster and global computing environments. The remote libraries are implemented as executable programs in each remote computer, and OmniRPC automatically allocates remote library calls dynamically on appropriate remote computers to facilitate location transparency. We propose to use OpenMP as an easy-to-use and simple programming environment for the multi-threaded client of OmniRPC. We use the POSIX thread implementation of the Omni OpenMP compiler which allows multi-threaded execution of OpenMP programs by POSIX threads even in a single processor. Multiple outstanding requests of OmniRPC calls in OpenMP work-sharing construct are dispatched to different remote computers to exploit network-wide parallelism.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Mazzotti, M.; Bartoli, I.; Marzani, A.; Viola, E.: A 2.5D boundary element formulation for modeling damped waves in arbitrary cross-section waveguides and cavities (2013)
- Collignon, Tijmen P.; Van Gijzen, Martin B.: Parallel scientific computing on loosely coupled networks of computers (2010)
- Collignon, T.P.; van Gijzen, M.B.: Solving large sparse linear systems efficiently on Grid computers using an asynchronous iterative method as a preconditioner (2010)
- Choy, Laurent; Petiton, Serge G.; Sato, Mitsuhisa: Large scale distributed and parallel computing for linear algebra problems: practice and experience (2009)
- Nakajima, Yoshihiro; Sato, Mitsuhisa; Aida, Yoshiaki; Boku, Taisuke; Cappello, Franck: Integrating computing resources on multiple grid-enabled job scheduling systems through a grid RPC system (2007)
- Sakurai, Tetsuya; Kodaki, Yoshihisa; Umeda, Hiroaki; Inadomi, Yuichi; Watanabe, Toshio; Nagashima, Umpei: A hybrid parallel method for large sparse eigenvalue problems on a grid computing environment using Ninf-G/MPI (2006)
- Takahashi, Daisuke; Sato, Mitsuhisa; Boku, Taisuke: Computation of high-precision mathematical constants in a combined cluster and grid environment (2006)
- Chen, Yongjian; Wang, Dingxing; Zheng, Weimin: Extended overhead analysis for OpenMP performance tuning (2003)
- Min, Seung Jai; Basumallik, Ayon; Eigenmann, Rudolf: Supporting realistic OpenMP applications on a commodity cluster of workstations (2003)
- Min, Seung-Jai; Basumallik, Ayon; Eigenmann, Rudolf: Optimizing OpenMP programs on software distributed shared memory systems (2003)
- Basumallik, Ayon; Min, Seung-Jai; Eigenmann, Rudolf: Towards OpenMP execution on software distributed shared memory systems (2002)
- Sato, Mitsuhisa; Hirano, Motonari; Tanaka, Yoshio; Sekiguchi, Satoshi: OmniRPC: A grid RPC facility for cluster and global computing in OpenMP. (extended abstract) (2001)