Additive aggregation with variable interdependent parameters: the VIP analysis software. We consider the aggregation of multicriteria performances by means of an additive value function under imprecise information. The problem addressed here is the way an analysis may be conducted when the decision makers are not able to (or do not wish to) fix precise values for the importance parameters. These parameters can be seen as interdependent variables that may take several values subject to constraints. Firstly, we briefly classify some existing approaches to deal with this problem. We argue that they complement each other, each one having its merits and shortcomings. Then, we present a new decision support software—VIP analysis—which incorporates approaches belonging to different classes. It proposes a methodology of analysis based on the progressive reduction of the number of alternatives, introducing a concept of tolerance that lets the decision makers use some of the approaches in a more flexible manner.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Greco, Salvatore (ed.); Ehrgott, Matthias (ed.); Figueira, José Rui (ed.): Multiple criteria decision analysis. State of the art surveys. In 2 volumes (2016)
- Graf, Christoph; Six, Magdalena: The effect of information on the quality of decisions (2014)
- Graf, Christoph; Vetschera, Rudolf; Zhang, Yingchao: Parameters of social preference functions: measurement and external validity (2013)
- Wang, Jiamin: Robust optimization analysis for multiple attribute decision making problems with imprecise information (2012)
- Sarabando, Paula; Dias, Luís C.: Simple procedures of choice in multicriteria problems without precise information about the alternatives’ values (2010)
- Greco, Salvatore; Mousseau, Vincent; Słowiński, Roman: Ordinal regression revisited: Multiple criteria ranking using a set of additive value functions (2008)
- Liesiö, Juuso; Mild, Pekka; Salo, Ahti: Preference programming for robust portfolio modeling and project selection (2007)
- Dias, Luis C.; Clímaco, João N.: Dealing with imprecise information in group multicriteria decisions: a methodology and a GDSS architecture (2005)
- Dias, L.C.; Clímaco, J.N.: Additive aggregation with variable interdependent parameters: the VIP analysis software (2000)