Metropolis: an integrated electronic system design environment. oday, the design chain lacks adequate support, with most system-level designers using a collection of unlinked tools. The implementation then proceeds with informal techniques involving numerous human-language interactions that create unnecessary and unwanted iterations among groups of designers in different companies or different divisions. The move toward programmable platforms shifts the design implementation task toward embedded software design. When embedded software reaches the complexity typical of today’s designs, the risk that the software will not function correctly increases exponentially. The Metropolis project seeks to develop a unified framework that can cope with this challenge. Based on a metamodel with formal semantics that developers can use to capture designs, Metropolis provides an environment for complex electronic-system design that supports simulation, formal analysis, and synthesis.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Attie, Paul; Baranov, Eduard; Bliudze, Simon; Jaber, Mohamad; Sifakis, Joseph: A general framework for architecture composability (2016)
- Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Alberto; Damm, Werner; Passerone, Roberto: Taming Dr. Frankenstein: contract-based design for cyber-physical systems (2012)
- Assayad, Ismail; Yovine, Sergio: A scheduler synthesis methodology for joint SW/HW design exploration of SoC (2010)
- Bliudze, Simon; Sifakis, Joseph: Causal semantics for the algebra of connectors (2010)
- Eames, Brandon K.; Neema, Sandeep K.; Saraswat, Rohit: DesertFD: a finite-domain constraint based tool for design space exploration (2010)
- Cheung, Eric; Chen, Xi; Hsieh, Harry; Davare, Abhijit; Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Alberto; Watanabe, Yosinori: Runtime deadlock analysis for system level design (2009)
- Pimentel, Andy D.; Thompson, Mark; Polstra, Simon; Erbas, Cagkan: Calibration of abstract performance models for system-level design space exploration (2007)
- Sonntag, Sören; Gries, Matthias; Sauer, Christian: SystemQ: Bridging the gap between queuing-based performance evaluation and systemC (2007)
- Bonivento, Alvise; Carloni, Luca P.; Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Alberto: Platform based design for wireless sensor networks (2006)
- Chen, Xi; Hsieh, Harry; Balarin, Felice: Verification approach of Metropolis design framework for embedded systems (2006)
- Wild, Thomas; Herkersdorf, Andreas; Lee, Gyoo-Yeong: TAPES-trace-based architecture performance evaluation with systemC (2006)
- Araujo, Cristiano; Gomes, Millena; Barros, Edna; Rigo, Sandro; Azevedo, Rodolfo; Araujo, Guido: Platform designer: An approach for modeling multiprocessor platforms based on systemC (2005)