OdinMP/CCp -- a portable implementation of OpenMP for C We describe here the design and performance of OdinMP/CCp, which is a portable compiler for C-programs using the OpenMP directives for parallel processing with shared memory. OdinMP/CCp was written in Java for portability reasons and takes a C-program with OpenMP directives and produces a C-program for POSIX threads.par We describe some of the ideas behind the design of OdinMP/CCp and show some performanceresults achieved on an SGI Origin 2000 and a Sun E10000. Speedup measurements relative to a sequential version of the test programs show that OpenMP programs using OdinMP/CCp exhibit excellent performance on the Sun E10000 and reasonable performance on the Origin 2000.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Haghighi, Mahdi S.; Zahedi, M. Hadi; Ghazizadeh, A. Mustafa; Ahangary, Farnad: Extending OpenMP for agent based DSM on GRID (2010)
- Chen, Yong-Jian; Shu, Ji-Wu; Li, Jian-Jiang; Wang, Ding-Xing: Static analysis of OpenMP directive nesting types and its application (2005)
- Quinlan, Dan; Schordan, Markus; Yi, Qing; de Supinski, Bronis R.: Semantic-driven parallelization of loops operating on user-defined containers (2004)
- Liu, Feng; Chaudhary, Vipin: A practical OpenMP compiler for system on chips (2003)
- Quinlan, Dan; Schordan, Markus; Yi, Qing; de Supinski, Bronis R.: A C++ infrastructure for automatic introduction and translation of OpenMP directives (2003)
- Jamieson, Peter; Bilas, Angelos: \textitCableS: thread control and memory system extensions for shared virtual memory clusters (2001)
- Brunschen, Christian; Brorsson, Mats: OdinMP/CCp -- a portable implementation of OpenMP for C (2000)
- Chapman, B.; Merlin, J.; Pritchard, D.; Bodin, F.; Mevel, Y.; Sørevik, T.; Hill, L.: Program development tools for clusters of shared memory multiprocessors (2000)
- Gonzàlez, Marc; Ayguadé, Eduard; Martorell, Xavier; Labarta, Jesús; Navarro, Nacho; Oliver, José: NanosCompiler: supporting flexible multilevel parallelism exploitation in OpenMP (2000)