VARNA: Interactive drawing and editing of the RNA secondary structure. VARNA is a tool for the automated drawing, visualization and annotation of the secondary structure of RNA, designed as a companion software for web servers and databases. FEATURES: VARNA implements four drawing algorithms, supports input/output using the classic formats dbn, ct, bpseq and RNAML and exports the drawing as five picture formats, either pixel-based (JPEG, PNG) or vector-based (SVG, EPS and XFIG). It also allows manual modification and structural annotation of the resulting drawing using either an interactive point and click approach, within a web server or through command-line arguments. AVAILABILITY: VARNA is a free software, released under the terms of the GPLv3.0 license and available at http://varna.lri.fr. SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Kulik, Marta; Trylska, Joanna: Structural and energetic comparison of the complexes of aminoglycosides with the model of the ribosomal A-site (2016)
- Picardi, Ernesto (ed.): RNA bioinformatics (2015)
- Clote, Peter; Ponty, Yann; Steyaert, Jean-Marc: Expected distance between terminal nucleotides of RNA secondary structures (2012)
- Weinberg, Zasha; Breaker, Ronald R.: R2R - software to speed the depiction of aesthetic consensus RNA secondary structures (2011) ioport
- Darty, Kévin; Denise, Alain; Ponty, Yann: VARNA: interactive drawing and editing of the RNA secondary structure (2009) ioport