Computational stochastic structural analysis (COSSAN) – a software tool. The paper provides an overview of the current status of the COSSAN™ [Institute of Engineering Mechanics, Leopold-Franzens University, Innsbruck, Austria, EU. COSSAN. Computational stochastic structural analysis, User’s Manual, Part B, 2001; Part A, 1996] software developed at the Institute of Engineering Mechanics of the Leopold Franzens University, Innsbruck, Austria, EU. Two options provided by COSSAN™ are described: (1) A ‘Stand Alone Tool Box’ which is an event driven modular general purpose code and (2) the ‘Third Party Communication Tools’ which allow to employ deterministic Third Party (FE-) codes for stochastic analysis without the need to access and modify the third party source code. The Stand Alone Tool Box covers a fairly wide field of stochastic methods including various sampling techniques, random fields, fatigue analysis, reliability based optimization, random vibration, Monte Carlo simulation and FE-analysis. The Third Party Communication Tools are designed to extend existing deterministic FE-codes for considering uncertainties and consequently perform stochastic analyses using methods based on Monte Carlo procedures.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Arregui-Mena, José David; Margetts, Lee; Mummery, Paul M.: Practical application of the stochastic finite element method (2016)
- Panayirci, H.M.; Pradlwarter, H.J.; Schuëller, G.I.: Efficient stochastic structural analysis using Guyan reduction (2011)
- Panayirci, H.M.: Efficient solution for Galerkin-based polynomial chaos expansion systems (2010)
- Schuëller, G.I.: Developments in stochastic structural mechanics (2006)
- Székely, G.S.; Schuëller, G.I.: Computational procedure for a fast calculation of eigenvectors and eigenvalues of structures with random properties (2001)
- Gasser, M.; Schuëller, G.I.: Some basic principles of reliability-based optimization $(RBO)$ of structures and mechanical components (1998)
- Gasser, Markus; Schuëller, Gerhart Iwo: Reliability-based optimization of structural systems (1997)