MaJIC: A Matlab just in time compiler. This paper describes our experience with MaJIC, a just-in-time compiler for MATLAB. In the recent past, several compiler projects claimed large performance improvements when processing MATLAB code. Most of these projects are static compilers suited for batch processing; MaJIC is a just-in-time compiler. The compilation process is transparent to the user. This impacts the modus operandi of the compiler, resulting in a few interesting analysis techniques. Our experiments with MaJIC indicate large speedups when compared to the interpreter, and reasonable performance when compared to static compilers.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Wiik, Jonatan; Boström, Pontus: Contract-based verification of MATLAB-style matrix programs (2016)
- Li, Jiangtian; Ma, Xiaosong; Yoginath, Srikanth; Kora, Guruprasad; Samatova, Nagiza F.: Transparent runtime parallelization of the R scripting language (2011) ioport
- Hunyadi, Levente: MatForce: supporting rapid algorithm development by automated translation of MatLab prototypes into C++ (2008)
- Almási, Gheorghe; De Rose, Luiz; Fraguela, Basilio B.; Moreira, José; Padua, David: Programming for locality and parallelism with hierarchically tiled arrays (2004)
- Chauhan, Arun; Kennedy, Ken: Slice-hoisting for array-size inference in MATLAB (2004)
- Kawabata, Hideyuki; Suzuki, Mutsumi; Kitamura, Toshiaki: A MATLAB-based code generator for sparse matrix computations (2004)
- Okamoto, Masayuki; Isbister, Katherine; Nakanishi, Hideyuki; Ishida, Toru: Supporting cross-cultural communication with a large-screen system (2002)
- Almasi, George; Padua, David A.: MaJIC: A Matlab just in time compiler (2001)