SWISS-MODEL: An automated protein homology-modeling server. SWISS-MODEL (http://swissmodel.expasy.org) is a server for automated comparative modeling of three-dimensional (3D) protein structures. It pioneered the field of automated modeling starting in 1993 and is the most widely-used free web-based automated modeling facility today. In 2002 the server computed 120 000 user requests for 3D protein models. SWISS-MODEL provides several levels of user interaction through its World Wide Web interface: in the ‘first approach mode’ only an amino acid sequence of a protein is submitted to build a 3D model. Template selection, alignment and model building are done completely automated by the server. In the ‘alignment mode’, the modeling process is based on a user-defined target-template alignment. Complex modeling tasks can be handled with the ‘project mode’ using DeepView (Swiss-PdbViewer), an integrated sequence-to-structure workbench. All models are sent back via email with a detailed modeling report. WhatCheck analyses and ANOLEA evaluations are provided optionally. The reliability of SWISS-MODEL is continuously evaluated in the EVA-CM project. The SWISS-MODEL server is under constant development to improve the successful implementation of expert knowledge into an easy-to-use server.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Rout, Subhashree; Mahapatra, Rajani Kanta: \textitInsilico analysis of \textitplasmodiumfalciparum CDPK5 protein through molecular modeling, docking and dynamics (2019)
- Kasabov, Nikola (ed.): Springer handbook of bio-/neuro-informatics (2014)
- Di Luccio, Eric; Koehl, Patrice: A quality metric for homology modeling: the H-factor (2011) ioport
- Rangwala, Huzefa; Kauffman, Christopher; Karypis, George: \textitsvmprat: SVM-based protein residue annotation toolkit (2009) ioport
- Chen, Kui; Huang, Xiaohang: Structural analysis of SNARE motifs from sea perch, \textitLateolabraxjaponicus by computerized approaches (2007)
- Reddy, Ch. Surendhar; Vijayasarathy, K.; Srinivas, E.; Madhavi Sastry, G.; Narahari Sastry, G.: Homology modeling of membrane proteins: a critical assessment (2006)
- Schwede, Torsten; Kopp, Jürgen; Guex, Nicolas; Peitsch, Manuel C.: SWISS-MODEL: An automated protein homology-modeling server. (2003) ioport