AntClust: Ant clustering and web usage mining. In this paper, we propose a new ant-based clustering algorithm called AntClust. It is inspired from the chemical recognition system of ants. In this system, the continuous interactions between the nestmates generate a “Gestalt” colonial odor. Similarly, our clustering algorithm associates an object of the data set to the odor of an ant and then simulates meetings between ants. At the end, artificial ants that share a similar odor are grouped in the same nest, which provides the expected partition. We compare AntClust to the K-Means method and to the AntClass algorithm. We present new results on artificial and real data sets. We show that AntClust performs well and can extract meaningful knowledge from real Web sessions.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Cagnina, Leticia; Errecalde, Marcelo; Ingaramo, Diego; Rosso, Paolo: An efficient particle swarm optimization approach to cluster short texts (2014)
- Mahdavi, Mehrdad; Abolhassani, Hassan: Harmony $K$-means algorithm for document clustering (2009)
- Saka, Esin; Nasraoui, Olfa: Improvements in flock-based collaborative clustering algorithms (2009)
- Kao, Y.; Li, Y.L.: Ant colony recognition systems for part clustering problems (2008)
- Mahdavi, M.; Chehreghani, M.Haghir; Abolhassani, H.; Forsati, R.: Novel meta-heuristic algorithms for clustering web documents (2008)
- Schockaert, Steven; De Cock, Martine; Cornelis, Chris; Kerre, Etienne E.: Clustering web search results using fuzzy ants (2007)
- Admane, Lotfi; Benatchba, Karima; Koudil, Mouloud; Siad, Lamri; Maziz, Said: AntPart: an algorithm for the unsupervised classification problem using ants (2006)
- Shen, Jie; Lin, Ying; Chen, Zhimin: Incremental web usage mining based on active ant colony clustering (2006)
- Merkle, Daniel; Middendorf, Martin; Scheidler, Alexander: Decentralized packet clustering in router-based networks (2005)
- Labroche, Nicolas; Monmarché, Nicolas; Venturini, Gilles: AntClust: Ant clustering and web usage mining (2003)