MOOSE: A parallel computational framework for coupled systems of nonlinear equations. Systems of coupled, nonlinear partial differential equations (PDEs) often arise in simulation of nuclear processes. MOOSE: Multiphysics Object Oriented Simulation Environment, a parallel computational framework targeted at the solution of such systems, is presented. As opposed to traditional data-flow oriented computational frameworks, MOOSE is instead founded on the mathematical principle of Jacobian-free Newton–Krylov (JFNK). Utilizing the mathematical structure present in JFNK, physics expressions are modularized into “Kernels,” allowing for rapid production of new simulation tools. In addition, systems are solved implicitly and fully coupled, employing physics-based preconditioning, which provides great flexibility even with large variance in time scales. A summary of the mathematics, an overview of the structure of MOOSE, and several representative solutions from applications built on the framework are presented.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Badia, Santiago; Martín, Alberto F.; Principe, Javier: \textttFEMPAR: an object-oriented parallel finite element framework (2018)
- Bilgen, Carola; Kopaničáková, Alena; Krause, Rolf; Weinberg, Kerstin: A phase-field approach to conchoidal fracture (2018)
- Chang, Justin; Fabien, Maurice S.; Knepley, Matthew G.; Mills, Richard T.: Comparative study of finite element methods using the time-accuracy-size(TAS) spectrum analysis (2018)
- Toth, Alex; Ellis, J. Austin; Evans, Tom; Hamilton, Steven; Kelley, C. T.; Pawlowski, Roger; Slattery, Stuart: Local improvement results for Anderson acceleration with inaccurate function evaluations (2017)
- Hamilton, Steven P.; Evans, Thomas M.; Davidson, Gregory G.; Johnson, Seth R.; Pandya, Tara M.; Godfrey, Andrew T.: Hot zero power reactor calculations using the Insilico code (2016)
- Jin, Miaomiao; Short, Michael: Multiphysics modeling of two-phase film boiling within porous corrosion deposits (2016)
- Laboure, Vincent M.; McClarren, Ryan G.; Hauck, Cory D.: Implicit filtered (P_N) for high-energy density thermal radiation transport using discontinuous Galerkin finite elements (2016)
- Ketelsen, C.; Manteuffel, T.; Schroder, J. B.: Least-squares finite element discretization of the neutron transport equation in spherical geometry (2015)
- Markopoulos, Alexandros; Hapla, Vaclav; Cermak, Martin; Fusek, Martin: Massively parallel solution of elastoplasticity problems with tens of millions of unknowns using permoncube and FLLOP packages (2015)
- Chockalingam, K.; Tonks, M. R.; Hales, J. D.; Gaston, D. R.; Millett, P. C.; Zhang, Liangzhe: Crystal plasticity with Jacobian-free Newton-Krylov (2013)
Further publications can be found at: http://mooseframework.org/wiki/MoosePublications/