The HepMC C++ Monte Carlo event record for High Energy Physics. HepMC is an Object Oriented event record written in C++ for High Energy Physics Monte Carlo event generators. Many extensions from HEPEVT, the Fortran HEP standard, are supported: the number of entries is unlimited, spin density matrices can be stored with each vertex, flow patterns (such as colour) can be stored and traced, random number generator states can be stored, and an arbitrary number of event weights can be included. Particles and vertices are stored separately in a graph structure, reflecting the evolution of a physics event. The added information supports the modularization of event generators. The event record has been kept as simple as possible with minimal internal/external dependencies. Event information is accessed by means of iterators supplied with HepMC.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Ralph Engel; Dieter Heck; Tim Huege; Tanguy Pierog; Maximilian Reininghaus; Felix Riehn; Ralf Ulrich; Michael Unger; Darko Veberič: Towards A Next Generation of CORSIKA: A Framework for the Simulation of Particle Cascades in Astroparticle Physics (2018) not zbMATH
- Sébastien Brochet; Christophe Delaere; Brieuc François; Vincent Lemaître; Alexandre Mertens; Alessia Saggio; Miguel Vidal Marono; Sébastien Wertz: MoMEMta, a modular toolkit for the Matrix Element Method at the LHC (2018) arXiv
- Dumont, Béranger: Higgs, supersymmetry and dark matter after run I of the LHC (2017)
- Del Debbio, Luigi; Hartland, Nathan; Schumann, Steffen: McCgrid: Projecting cross section calculations on grids (2014)
- Kaczmarska, A.; Piatlicki, J.; Przedziński, T.; Richter-Wąs, E.; Wąs, Z.: Application of \textttTauSpinnerfor studies on (\tau)-lepton polarization and spin correlations in (ZW) and (H) decays at the LHC (2014)
- S.V. Chekanov: HepSim: a repository with predictions for high-energy physics experiments (2014) arXiv
- Allanach, Benjamin C.; Grab, Sebastian; Haber, Howard E.: Supersymmetric monojets at the Large Hadron Collider (2011)
- S. Ovyn, X. Rouby, V. Lemaitre: Delphes, a framework for fast simulation of a generic collider experiment (2010) arXiv
- Bertini, Marc; Lönnblad, Leif; Sjöstrand, Torbjörn: PYTHIA version 7-0. 0 -- a proof-of-concept version (2001)