OCCA: A unified approach to multi-threading languages. The inability to predict lasting languages and architectures led us to develop OCCA, a C++ library focused on host-device interaction. Using run-time compilation and macro expansions, the result is a novel single kernel language that expands to multiple threading languages. Currently, OCCA supports device kernel expansions for the OpenMP, OpenCL, and CUDA platforms. Computational results using finite difference, spectral element and discontinuous Galerkin methods show OCCA delivers portable high performance in different architectures and platforms.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 2 standard articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Anderson, Robert; Andrej, Julian; Barker, Andrew; Bramwell, Jamie; Camier, Jean-Sylvain; Cerveny, Jakub; Dobrev, Veselin; Dudouit, Yohann; Fisher, Aaron; Kolev, Tzanio; Pazner, Will; Stowell, Mark; Tomov, Vladimir; Akkerman, Ido; Dahm, Johann; Medina, David; Zampini, Stefano: MFEM: a modular finite element methods library (2021)
- Robert Anderson, Julian Andrej, Andrew Barker, Jamie Bramwell, Jean-Sylvain Camier, Jakub Cerveny, Veselin Dobrev, Yohann Dudouit, Aaron Fisher, Tzanio Kolev, Will Pazner, Mark Stowell, Vladimir Tomov, Johann Dahm, David Medina, Stefano Zampini: MFEM: a modular finite element methods library (2019) arXiv
- Wintermeyer, Niklas; Winters, Andrew R.; Gassner, Gregor J.; Warburton, Timothy: An entropy stable discontinuous Galerkin method for the shallow water equations on curvilinear meshes with wet/dry fronts accelerated by GPUs (2018)
- Chan, Jesse; Wang, Zheng; Hewett, Russell J.; Warburton, T.: Reduced storage nodal discontinuous Galerkin methods on semi-structured prismatic meshes (2017)
- Chan, Jesse; Warburton, T.: GPU-accelerated Bernstein-Bézier discontinuous Galerkin methods for wave problems (2017)
- Chan, Jesse; Wang, Zheng; Modave, Axel; Remacle, Jean-Francois; Warburton, T.: GPU-accelerated discontinuous Galerkin methods on hybrid meshes (2016)
- Chan, Jesse; Warburton, T.: Orthogonal bases for vertex-mapped pyramids (2016)
- Karakus, A.; Warburton, T.; Aksel, M. H.; Sert, C.: A GPU accelerated level set reinitialization for an adaptive discontinuous Galerkin method (2016)
- Remacle, J.-F.; Gandham, R.; Warburton, T.: GPU accelerated spectral finite elements on all-hex meshes (2016)
- Medina, David; St-Cyr, Amik; Warburton, Timothy: High-order finite-differences on multi-threaded architectures using OCCA (2015)
- David S Medina, Amik St-Cyr, T. Warburton: OCCA: A unified approach to multi-threading languages (2014) arXiv