GridSAT: Design and implementation of a computational grid application. We present the latest instantiation of GridSAT, a distributed and complete satisfiability solver that is explicitly designed to aggregate Grid resources for application performance. GridSAT was previously shown to outperform the state-of-the-art sequential solvers. In this work, we explore the unprecedented solving power GridSAT enables through algorithmic and implementation innovations. We describe the implementation techniques that allow GridSAT to leverage a variety of high-end batch-scheduled resources, clusters, interactive workstations, and personal computing resources through autonomous scheduling, checkpoint scheduling, and work migration. These innovations have allowed GridSAT to solve a set of ‘hard’ and previously unsolved industrial and community satisfiability problems. In addition to this new solution power, GridSAT also outperforms the otherwise highest performance general solvers on the annual SAT competition performance benchmarks.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Balyo, Tomáš; Sanders, Peter; Sinz, Carsten: HordeSat: a massively parallel portfolio SAT solver (2015)
- Martins, Ruben; Manquinho, Vasco; Lynce, In^es: An overview of parallel SAT solving (2012)
- Schulz, Sven; Blochinger, Wolfgang: Parallel SAT solving on peer-to-peer desktop grids (2010) ioport
- Siva Sathya, S.; Syam Babu, K.: Survey of fault tolerant techniques for grid (2010) ioport
- Grossi, Giuliano; Marchi, Massimo; Pontelli, Enrico; Provetti, Alessandro: Experimental analysis of graph-based answer set computation over parallel and distributed architectures (2009)
- Vander-Swalmen, Pascal; Dequen, Gilles; Krajecki, Michaël: A collaborative approach for multi-threaded SAT solving (2009)
- Hyvärinen, Antti E.J.; Junttila, Tommi; Niemelä, Ilkka: Strategies for solving SAT in grids by randomized search (2008)
- Chrabakh, Wahid; Wolski, Rich: The GridSAT portal: a grid web-based portal for solving satisfiability problems using the national cyberinfrastructure (2007) ioport
- Chrabakh, Wahid; Wolski, Rich: GridSAT: Design and implementation of a computational grid application (2006)
- Chrabakh, Wahid; Wolski, Rich: GridSAT: Design and implementation of a computational grid application (2006) ioport
- Inoue, Katsumi; Soh, Takehide; Ueda, Seiji; Sasaura, Yoshito; Banbara, Mutsunori; Tamura, Naoyuki: A competitive and cooperative approach to propositional satisfiability (2006)