JAsCo is an advanced aspect-oriented programming (AOP or AOSD) language originally tailored for the component-based field. The main contributions of the JAsCo language are its highly reusable aspects and its strong aspectual composition mechanism for managing combinations of aspects. The JAsCo technology excels at providing dynamic integration and removal of aspects with a minimal performance overhead. The JAsCo language is an aspect-oriented extension of Java that stays as close as possible to the original Java syntax and concepts and introduces two new concepts: aspect beans and connectors: An aspect bean is highly reusable because it allows describing crosscutting concerns independently of concrete component types and APIs. A connector on the other hand deploys one or more aspect beans within a concrete component context and allows specifying an explicit combination of their aspectual behavior. The JAsCo technology is based on a genuine run-time weaver that allows to add, alter and remove aspects while the application is running. The run-time performance of this weaver is even able to improve on AspectJ. JAsCo is an advanced AOP approach that supports a wide range of AOP concepts: AspectJ-like pointcuts, independent aspects, explicit deployment in connectors, expressive aspect combinations, aspectual polymorphism, stateful aspects, virtual mixins and adaptive programming. A drawback of all this is that the learning curse of JAsCo is harder than e.g. AspectWerkz’s. Therefore if you are new to AOP, we recommend to start experimenting with AspectJ or AspectWerkz first to get the basics.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Crasso, Marco; Mateos, Cristian; Zunino, Alejandro; Campo, Marcelo: EasySOC: making web service outsourcing easier (2014) ioport
- Villazón, Alex; Binder, Walter; Moret, Philippe; Ansaloni, Danilo: Comprehensive aspect weaving for Java (2011) ioport
- Tanter, Éric; Toledo, Rodolfo; Pothier, Guillaume; Noyé, Jacques: Flexible metaprogramming and AOP in Java (2008)
- Charfi, Anis; Mezini, Mira: AO4BPEL: An aspect-oriented extension to BPEL (2007) ioport
- Cibrán, María Agustina; Verheecke, Bart; Vanderperren, Wim; Suvée, Davy; Jonckers, Viviane: Aspect-oriented programming for dynamic Web Service selection, integration and management (2007) ioport
- Leung, Wu-Hon F.: Program entanglement, feature interaction and the feature language extensions (2007)
- Vanderperren, Wim; Suvée, Davy; De Fraine, Bruno; Jonckers, Viviane: Aspect-oriented component composition in pacoSuite through invasive composition adapters (2007) ioport
- Douence, Rémi; Fritz, Thomas; Loriant, Nicolas; Menaud, Jean-Marc; Ségura-Devillechaise, Marc; Südholt, Mario: An expressive aspect language for system applications with Arachne (2006)
- Sakurai, Kouhei; Masuhara, Hidehiko; Ubayashi, Naoyasu; Matuura, Saeko; Komiya, Seiichi: Design and implementation of an aspect instantiation mechanism (2006)
- Cibrán, María Agustina; D’Hondt, Maja; Suvée, Davy; Vanderperren, Wim; Jonckers, Viviane: Linking business rules to object-oriented software using JAsCo (2005)
- Vanderperren, Wim; Suvée, Davy; Wydaeghe, Bart; Jonckers, Viviane: PacoSuite and JAsCo: A visual component composition environment with advanced aspect separation features (2003)
Further publications can be found at: http://ssel.vub.ac.be/jasco/publications.html