High performance air quality simulation in the European CrossGrid project This paper focuses on one of the applications involved into the CrossGrid project, the STEM-II air pollution model used to simulate the environment of As Pontes Power Plant in La Coruña (Spain). The CrossGrid project offers us a Grid environment oriented towards computation- and data-intensive applications that need interaction with an external user. The air pollution model needs the interaction of an expert in order to make decisions about modifications in the industrial process to fulfill the European standard on emissions and air quality. The benefits of using different CrossGrid components for running the application on a Grid infrastructure are shown in this paper, and some preliminary results on the CrossGrid testbed are displayed.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Fernández, Enol; Cencerrado, Andrés; Heymann, Elisa; Senar, Miquel A.: Crossbroker: a grid metascheduler for interactive and parallel jobs (2008) ioport
- Alt, Martin: Using algorithmic skeletons for efficient grid computing with predictable performance. (2007)
- Rząsa, Wojciech; Bubak, Marian; Baliś, Bartosz; Szepieniec, Tomasz: Overhead verification for cryptographically secured transmission on the Grid (2007)
- Aversa, Rocco; Di Martino, Beniamino; Mazzocca, Nicola; Venticinque, Salvatore: MAGDA: A mobile agent based Grid architecture (2006)
- Mouriño, Carlos J.; Martín, María J.; González, Patricia; Doallo, Ramón: High performance air quality simulation in the European CrossGrid project (2006)
- Bubak, Marian; Malawski, Maciej; Zajac, Katarzyna: The CrossGrid architecture: applications, tools, and grid services (2004) ioport
- Bubak, Marian; Malawski, Maciej; Zajac, Katarzyna: Architecture of the grid for interactive applications (2003)
- Tirado-Ramos, Alfredo; Zajac, Katarzyna; Zhao, Zhiming; Sloot, Peter M. A.; van Albada, Dick; Bubak, Marian: Experimental grid access for dynamic discovery and data transfer in distributed interactive simulation systems (2003)
- Balis, Bartosz; Bubak, Marian; Funika, Włodzimierz; Szepieniec, Tomasz; Wismüller, Roland: An infrastructure for grid application monitoring (2002)
- Bubak, Marian; Funika, Włodzimierz; Wismüller, Roland: The CrossGrid performance analysis tool for interactive grid applications (2002)
- Bubak, Marian; Malawski, Maciej; Zajac, Katarzyna: Towards the CrossGrid architecture (2002)
- Ponce, O.; Cuevas, J.; Fuentes, A.; Marco, J.; Marco, R.; Martínez-Rivero, C.; Menéndez, R.; Rodríguez, D.: Training of neural networks: Interactive possibilities in a distributed framework (2002)