SuperLU is a general purpose library for the direct solution of large, sparse, nonsymmetric systems of linear equations on high performance machines. The library is written in C and is callable from either C or Fortran. The library routines will perform an LU decomposition with partial pivoting and triangular system solves through forward and back substitution. The LU factorization routines can handle non-square matrices but the triangular solves are performed only for square matrices. The matrix columns may be preordered (before factorization) either through library or user supplied routines. This preordering for sparsity is completely separate from the factorization. Working precision iterative refinement subroutines are provided for improved backward stability. Routines are also provided to equilibrate the system, estimate the condition number, calculate the relative backward error, and estimate error bounds for the refined solutions.
This software is also referenced in ORMS.
This software is also referenced in ORMS.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 57 articles )
Showing results 1 to 20 of 57.
- Gholami, Amir; Malhotra, Dhairya; Sundar, Hari; Biros, George: FFT, FMM, or multigrid? A comparative study of state-of-the-art Poisson solvers for uniform and nonuniform grids in the unit cube (2016)
- Amestoy, Patrick; Ashcraft, Cleve; Boiteau, Olivier; Buttari, Alfredo; L’Excellent, Jean-Yves; Weisbecker, Clément: Improving multifrontal methods by means of block low-rank representations (2015)
- Casoni, E.; Jérusalem, A.; Samaniego, C.; Eguzkitza, B.; Lafortune, P.; Tjahjanto, D.D.; Sáez, X.; Houzeaux, G.; Vázquez, M.: Alya: computational solid mechanics for supercomputers (2015)
- Hogg, Jonathan; Scott, Jennifer: On the use of suboptimal matchings for scaling and ordering sparse symmetric matrices. (2015)
- Praetorius, Simon; Voigt, Axel: Development and analysis of a block-preconditioner for the phase-field crystal equation (2015)
- Trobec, Roman; Kosec, Gregor: Parallel scientific computing. Theory, algorithms, and applications of mesh based and meshless methods (2015)
- Guo, Shu; Ghosh, Somnath: A finite element model for coupled 3D transient electromagnetic and structural dynamics problems (2014)
- Suzuki, A.; Roux, F.-X.: A dissection solver with kernel detection for symmetric finite element matrices on shared memory computers (2014)
- Lowell, Daniel; Godwin, Jeswin; Holewinski, Justin; Karthik, Deepan; Choudary, Chekuri; Mametjanov, Azamat; Norris, Boyana; Sabin, Gerald; Sadayappan, P.; Sarich, Jason: Stencil-aware GPU optimization of iterative solvers (2013)
- Zabinyako, G.I.; Kotel’nikov, E.A.: Minimization of nonlinear functions with linear constraints (2013)
- Babuška, I.; Banerjee, U.: Stable generalized finite element method (SGFEM) (2012)
- Jönsthövel, T.B.; van Gijzen, M.B.; MacLachlan, S.; Vuik, C.; Scarpas, A.: Comparison of the deflated preconditioned conjugate gradient method and algebraic multigrid for composite materials (2012)
- de Vicente, Javier; Rodríguez, Daniel; Theofilis, Vassilis; Valero, Eusebio: Stability analysis in spanwise-periodic double-sided lid-driven cavity flows with complex cross-sectional profiles (2011)
- Lin, Lin; Yang, Chao; Lu, Jianfeng; Ying, Lexing; E, Weinan: A fast parallel algorithm for selected inversion of structured sparse matrices with application to 2D electronic structure calculations (2011)
- Manguoglu, Murat: A domain-decomposing parallel sparse linear system solver (2011)
- Nichols, Joseph W.; Lele, Sanjiva K.: Global modes and transient response of a cold supersonic jet (2011)
- Roberts, Scott A.; Rao, Rekha R.: Numerical simulations of mounding and submerging flows of shear-thinning jets impinging in a container (2011)
- Yamazaki, Ichitaro; Li, Xiaoye S.: On techniques to improve robustness and scalability of a parallel hybrid linear solver (2011)
- Bientinesi, Paolo; Eijkhout, Victor; Kim, Kyungjoo; Kurtz, Jason; Van De Geijn, Robert: Sparse direct factorizations through unassembled hyper-matrices (2010)
- Grigori, Laura; Boman, Erik G.; Donfack, Simplice; Davis, Timothy A.: Hypergraph-based unsymmetric nested dissection ordering for sparse LU factorization (2010)