The package ADOL-F is a Fortran 90 interface to the ADOL-C library and facilitates the evaluation of first and higher derivatives of vector functions that are defined by computer programs written in Fortran 90/77. The numerical values of derivative vectors are obtained free of truncation errors at a small multiple of the run time and randomly accessed memory of the given function evaluation program. Fortran 90 allows operator overloading (like C++) but lacks constructor/destructor operators for user-defined types. Therefore, we employ a more sophisticated scheme for the management of active temporary variables than does ADOL-C. The derivative calculations involve a possibly substantial (but always predictable) amount of data accessed strictly sequentially and therefore automatically paged out to external files.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Marco, Onofre; Ródenas, Juan José; Fuenmayor, Francisco Javier; Tur, Manuel: An extension of shape sensitivity analysis to an immersed boundary method based on Cartesian grids (2018)
- Sluşanschi, Emil I.; Dumitrel, Vlad: ADiJaC -- automatic differentiation of Java classfiles (2016)
- Papadimitriou, Dimitrios I.; Giannakoglou, Kyriakos C.: Aerodynamic shape optimization using first and second order adjoint and direct approaches (2008)
- van Keulen, F.; Haftka, R. T.; Kim, N. H.: Review of options for structural design sensitivity analysis. I: Linear systems (2005)
- Bischof, Christian; Lang, Bruno; Vehreschild, Andre: Automatic differentiation for MATLAB programs (2003)
- Martins, Joaquim R. R. A.; Sturdza, Peter; Alonso, Juan J.: The complex-step derivative approximation (2003)
- Gladwell, I.; Bouas-Dockery, K.; Brankin, R. W.: A Fortran 90 separable Hamiltonian system solver (1997)
- Berz, Martin (ed.); Bischof, Christian (ed.); Corliss, George (ed.); Griewank, Andreas (ed.): Computational differentiation: techniques, applications, and tools. Proceedings of the second international workshop on computational differentiation, February 12--14, 1996 (1996)
- Klein, Wolfram: Comparisons of different automatic differentiation tools in circuit simulation (1996)
- Shiriaev, Dmitri; Griewank, Andreas: ADOL-F: Automatic differentiation of Fortran codes (1996)