ProMoT is the Process Modeling Tool, a software for the construction and manipulation of complex technical and biological systems. ProMoT has its origins in process engineering. Together with the simulation environment Diana it provides capabilities for the development of dynamic models based on differential-algebraic equations, and their simulation and further analysis. For the application in Systems Biology key features of ProMoT are the development of modular models, the use of specialized modeling-libraries, and the support for model-exchange via the international standard SBML. Of specific importance for successful work in interdisciplinary teams is the availability of graphical methods for model editing and exploration, because this defines a common language for direct communication about models without the need for in-depth mathematical knowledge. ProMoT already implements graphical tools for both the implementation, and the exploration and visualization of models. ProMoT has being used as a modeling tool not only for the setup of dynamic models, but also for the visual construction of Boolean models that can be analyzed with CellNetAnalyzer.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Gessner, Samuel (ed.); Hashagen, Ulf (ed.); Pfeiffer, Jeanne (ed.); Tournès, Dominique (ed.): Mathematical instruments between material artifacts and ideal machines: their scientific and social role before 1950. Abstracts from the workshop held December 17--23, 2017 (2017)
- Chudej, Kurt; Pesch, Hans Josef; Sternberg, Kati: Optimal control of load changes for molten carbonate fuel cell systems: A challenge in PDE constrained optimization (2009)
- Deepak Chandran, Frank T. Bergmann, Herbert M. Sauro: TinkerCell: Modular CAD Tool for Synthetic Biology (2009) arXiv
- Waschler, Roland; Angeles-Palacios, Odon; Ginkel, Martin; Kienle, Achim: Object-oriented modelling of large-scale chemical engineering processes with ProMoT (2006)
- Tränkle, F.; Zeitz, M.; Ginkel, M.; Gilles, E. D.: PROMOT: A modeling tool for chemical processes (2000)
Further publications can be found at: http://www.mpi-magdeburg.mpg.de/projects/promot/refs.html