The DMG-Lib is an interdisciplinary project that was started to collect and preserve knowledge concerning mechanical devices. In contrast to common digital libraries, an efficient problem-oriented information retrieval will be supported. The realization of the long-term project is only possible by means of extensive employment of computational kinematics, which opens up multifaceted prospects -- especially according to the efficiency of the workflow and the efficiency of the access to the knowledge space. Aside from a common survey of the DMG-Lib project, the paper shows how kinematic models are extracted, stored and applied. The described approaches are practically proved or work in progress as well as future work which shall be discussed on the workshop.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Ding, Huafeng; Huang, Peng; Zi, Bin; Kecskeméthy, Andrés: Automatic synthesis of kinematic structures of mechanisms and robots especially for those with complex structures (2012)
- Al-Dwairi, Abdullah F.; Dweiri, Fikri T.; Ashour, Omar M.: A novice-centered decision-support system for type synthesis of function-generation mechanisms (2010)
- Ding, Huafeng; Zhao, Jing; Huang, Zhen: Unified structural synthesis of planar simple and multiple joint kinematic chains (2010)
- Mullineux, G.; Feldman, J.; Matthews, J.: Using constraints at the conceptual stage of the design of carton erection (2010)
- Döring, Ulf; Brix, Torsten; Reeßing, Michael: Application of computational kinematics in the digital mechanism and gear library DMG-Lib (2006)