Edge is a CFD flow solver for unstructured grids of arbitrary elements. It solves the three-dimensional, compressible Reynolds-Averaged Navier-Stokes (RANS) equations on hybrid grids. The code is currently being extended for LES and DES simulations. Edge is an industrial strength code designed for realistic, large scale, parallel computations. The unstructured formulation allows Edge to be used for problems of arbitrarily complex geometry. However, Edge can be run on any Unix/Linux platform including small PC computers. The Edge flow solver is based on a node-centered finite volume scheme. For steady flows, the equations are integrated towards steady state with an explicit multi-stage Runge-Kutta scheme. To accelerate convergence, residual smoothing and a multi-grid technique can be employed. Low Mach-number preconditioning is also available. Time-accurate computations are implemented using dual time-stepping: implicit time marching with explicit sub-iterations.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Nishikawa, Hiroaki; Liu, Yi: Accuracy-preserving source term quadrature for third-order edge-based discretization (2017)
- Yao, Hua-Dong; Davidson, Lars; Eriksson, Lars-Erik; Peng, Shia-Hui; Grundestam, Olof; Eliasson, Peter: Surface integral analogy approaches for predicting noise from 3D high-lift now-noise wings (2014)
- Nordström, Jan; Eriksson, Sofia; Eliasson, Peter: Weak and strong wall boundary procedures and convergence to steady-state of the Navier-Stokes equations (2012)
- Amoignon, Olivier: AESOP---a numerical platform for aerodynamic shape optimization (2010)
- Berggren, Martin; Ekstrom, Sven-Erik; Nordstrom, Jan: A discontinuous Galerkin extension of the vertex-centered edge-based finite volume method (2009)
- Eriksson, Sofia; Nordström, Jan: Analysis of the order of accuracy for node-centered finite volume schemes (2009)
- Svärd, Magnus; Gong, Jing; Nordström, Jan: An accuracy evaluation of unstructured node-centred finite volume methods (2008)
- Jakobsson, S.; Amoignon, O.: Mesh deformation using radial basis functions for gradient-based aerodynamic shape optimization (2007)
- Berggren, Martin: A vertex-centered, dual discontinuous Galerkin method (2006)
- Nordström, Jan; Forsberg, Karl; Adamsson, Carl; Eliasson, Peter: Finite volume methods, unstructured meshes and strict stability for hyperbolic problems (2003)
- Eliasson, Peter: EDGE, a Navier-Stokes solver for unstructured grids (2002)