A new and simple method is proposed to choose the best data configuration in terms of processing phase time according to previous probing of edge-based matrix-vector products for codes using iterative solvers in unstructured grid problems. This method is realized as a suite of routines named EdgePack, acting during both pre-solution and solution phase, based on data locality optimization techniques and variations of matrix-vector product algorithm. Results have been demonstrating the great flexibility and simplicity of this method, which is suitable for distributed memory platforms in which different data configurations can coexist.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Cruchaga, Marcela; Battaglia, Laura; Storti, Mario; D’Elía, Jorge: Numerical modeling and experimental validation of free surface flow problems (2016)
- Akkerman, I.; Bazilevs, Y.; Kees, C.E.; Farthing, M.W.: Isogeometric analysis of free-surface flow (2011)
- Kees, C.E.; Akkerman, I.; Farthing, M.W.; Bazilevs, Y.: A conservative level set method suitable for variable-order approximations and unstructured meshes (2011)
- Lins, Erb F.; Elias, Renato N.; Rochinha, Fernando A.; Coutinho, Alvaro L.G.A.: Residual-based variational multiscale simulation of free surface flows (2010)
- Elias, Renato N.; Coutinho, Alvaro L.G.A.: Stabilized edge-based finite element simulation of free-surface flows (2007)
- Martins, Marcos; Elias, Renato; Coutinho, Alvaro: EdgePack: A parallel vertex and node reordering package for optimizing edge-based computations in unstructured grids (2006)