A template for reconfigurable instruction set processors is described. This template defines a design space that enables the exploration of processors potentially suitable for flexible, power and cost efficient implementations of embedded multimedia applications, such as video compression in a hand held device. The template is based on a VLIW processor with a reconfigurable instruction set. In the future this template will be used for design space exploration, compiler retargeting and automatic hardware synthesis. Several existing reconfigurable-and non-reconfigurable processors were mapped onto the template to assess its expressiveness.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Berthold, Michael R.; Borgelt, Christian; Höppner, Frank; Klawonn, Frank; Silipo, Rosaria: Guide to intelligent data science. How to intelligently make use of real data (2020)
- Zhou, Bin; Xu, Qinfeng; You, Jinhong: Efficient estimation for error component seemingly unrelated nonparametric regression models (2011)
- Berthold, Michael R.; Borgelt, Christian; Höppner, Frank; Klawonn, Frank: Guide to intelligent data analysis. How to intelligently make sense of real data (2010)
- Haeri, Abdorrahman; Tavakoli-Moghaddam, Reza: Developing a procedure to obtain knowledge of optimum solutions in a travelling salesman problem (2010)
- Boullé, Marc: Optimum simultaneous discretization with data grid models in supervised classification: a Bayesian model selection approach (2009)
- Gonzáles-Aranda, P.; Menasalvas, E.; Millán, S.; Ruiz, Carlos; Segovia, J.: Towards a methodology for data mining project development: the importance of abstraction (2008)
- Op de Beeck, Pieter; Barat, Francisco; Jayapala, Murali; Lauwereins, Rudy: CRISP: A template for reconfigurable instruction set processors (2001)