The Genomes Online Database (GOLD) (https://gold.jgi.doe.gov) is a manually curated data management system that catalogs sequencing projects with associated metadata from around the world. In the current version of GOLD (v.6), all projects are organized based on a four level classification system in the form of a Study, Organism (for isolates) or Biosample (for environmental samples), Sequencing Project and Analysis Project. Currently, GOLD provides information for 26 117 Studies, 239 100 Organisms, 15 887 Biosamples, 97 212 Sequencing Projects and 78 579 Analysis Projects. These are integrated with over 312 metadata fields from which 58 are controlled vocabularies with 2067 terms. The web interface facilitates submission of a diverse range of Sequencing Projects (such as isolate genome, single-cell genome, metagenome, metatranscriptome) and complex Analysis Projects (such as genome from metagenome, or combined assembly from multiple Sequencing Projects). GOLD provides a seamless interface with the Integrated Microbial Genomes (IMG) system and supports and promotes the Genomic Standards Consortium (GSC) Minimum Information standards. This paper describes the data updates and additional features added during the last two years.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Bersimis, Sotirios; Sachlas, Athanasios; Bagos, Pantelis G.: Discriminating membrane proteins using the joint distribution of length sums of success and failure runs (2017)
- Keith, Jonathan M. (ed.): Bioinformatics. Volume I. Data, sequence analysis, and evolution (2017)
- Caniparoli, Luca; Marsili, Matteo; Vendruscolo, Michele: The codon information index: a quantitative measure of the information provided by the codon bias (2013)
- de Brevern, Alexandre G.; Praveen, Joseph Agnel: Species specific amino acid sequence-protein local structure relationships: an analysis in the light of a structural alphabet (2011)
- Huson, Daniel H.; Richter, Daniel C.; Mitra, Suparna; Auch, Alexander F.; Schuster, Stephan C.: Methods for comparative metagenomics (2009) ioport
- Bernal, Axel; Ear, Uy; Kyrpides, Nikos: Genomes online database (GOLD): a monitor of genome projects world-wide. (2001) ioport