Hetero: a program to simulate the evolution of DNA on a four-taxon tree. We present a computer program to simulate the evolution of a nucleotide sequence on a phylogenetic tree with four tips. The program, Hetero, allows users to assign lineage-specific differences in the rate matrices used to describe the evolutionary process. It has a simple user interface and output, making it equally useful in the teaching and research of phylogenetics.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Keith, Jonathan M. (ed.): Bioinformatics. Volume I. Data, sequence analysis, and evolution (2017)
- Withers, Christopher S.; Nadarajah, Saralees: Tilted Edgeworth expansions for asymptotically normal vectors (2010)
- -: 2008 Pitman Medal (2009)
- Sumner, J. G.; Charleston, M. A.; Jermiin, L. S.; Jarvis, P. D.: Markov invariants, plethysms, and phylogenetics (2008)
- Ababneh, Faisal; Jermiin, Lars S.; Robinson, John: Generation of the exact distribution and simulation of matched nucleotide sequences on a phylogenetic tree (2006)