PROGRESS: Optimally solving the generalized resource-constrained project scheduling problem. This paper deals with the generalized resource-constrained project scheduling problem (GRCPSP) which extends the well-known resource-constrained project scheduling problem (RCPSP) by considering job specific release and due dates, non-negative minimum start-to-start time lags as well as time-varying resource availabilities. The structure of the project is represented by an acyclic network diagram. Though the extensions are of high practical importance, only a few exact solution procedures have been presented in the literature so far. Therefore, a new exact procedure PROGRESS is developed which includes new dominance rules as well as enhancements of existing ones. For evaluating the efficiency experimentally, new GRCPSP instances with 30 and 60 jobs are considered which extend the standard benchmark sets for the RCPSP generated by ProGen. PROGRESS shows superior performance when applied to the GRCPSP and is also very competitive in comparison to approaches proposed for the RCPSP.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Hu, Shicheng; Wang, Song; Kao, Yonggui; Ito, Takao; Sun, Xuedong: A branch and bound algorithm for project scheduling problem with spatial resource constraints (2015)
- Gonçalves, José Fernando; Resende, Mauricio G. C.; Mendes, Jorge J. M.: A biased random-key genetic algorithm with forward-backward improvement for the resource constrained project scheduling problem (2011) ioport
- Bozorg Haddad, Omid; Mirmomeni, Mahsa; Zarezadeh Mehrizi, Mahboubeh; Mariño, Miguel A.: Finding the shortest path with honey-bee mating optimization algorithm in project management problems with constrained/unconstrained resources (2010)
- Hartmann, Sönke; Briskorn, Dirk: A survey of variants and extensions of the resource-constrained project scheduling problem (2010)
- Krüger, Doreen; Scholl, Armin: A heuristic solution framework for the resource constrained (multi-)project scheduling problem with sequence-dependent transfer times (2009)
- Mendes, J. J. M.; Gonçalves, J. F.; Resende, M. G. C.: A random key based genetic algorithm for the resource constrained project scheduling problem (2009)
- Gen, Mitsuo; Cheng, Runwei; Lin, Lin: Network models and optimization. Multiobjective genetic algorithm approach (2008)
- Scholl, Armin; Becker, Christian: State-of-the-art exact and heuristic solution procedures for simple assembly line balancing (2006)
- Zhu, Guidong; Bard, Jonathan F.; Yu, Gang: A branch-and-cut procedure for the multimode resource-constrained project-scheduling problem (2006)
- Klein, Robert: Project scheduling with time-varying resource constraints. (2000)
- Klein, Robert: Bidirectional planning: Improving priority rule-based heuristics for scheduling resource-constrained projects (2000)
- Klein, Robert; Scholl, Armin: PROGRESS: Optimally solving the generalized resource-constrained project scheduling problem (2000)