CHORAL -- a charge-oriented algorithm for the numerical integration of electrical circuits Circuit simulation packages generate the network equations automatically. In time domain analysis this results in a system of differential-algebraic equations that is solved numerically by BDF schemes and/or the trapezoidal rule. CHORAL, a charge-oriented Rosenbrock Wanner method, has been developed as an alternative approach for digital circults. By its successful implementation into TITAN, the circuit simulator of Infineon Technologies, a second integration scheme is available for the first time. Results for benchmarks and industrial circuits show that CHORAL is competitive with the standard ansatz and possesses advantages for oscillatory circuits.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Fijnvandraat, J.G.; Houben, S.H.M.J.; ter Maten, E.J.W.; Peters, J.M.F.: Time domain analog circuit simulation (2006)
- Voigtmann, Steffen: General linear methods for integrated circuit design. (2006)
- Günter, Michael; Feldmann, Uwe; ter Maten, Jan: Modelling and discretization of circuit problems (2005)
- Allaart-Bruin, Sandra; ter Maten, Jan; Verduyn Lunel, Sjoerd: Modified extended BDF time-integration methods, applied to circuit equations (2004)
- Rentrop, P.; Günther, M.; Hoschek, M.; Feldmann, U.: CHORAL -- a charge-oriented algorithm for the numerical integration of electrical circuits (2003)
- Günther, M.; Rentrop, P.; Feldmann, U.: CHORAL -- a one step method as numerical low pass filter in electrical network analysis (2001)