Bounded shear stress in masonry-like bodies. In the paper, a hyperelastic material with limited tensile and compressive strength is considered. In addition, the maximum value of the tangential component of the stress that can be attained on each plane depends on the intensity of the normal component. Previously formulated for the plane case, the constitutive equation of this material is now extended to three-dimensional bodies, constituting henceforth a generalization of the well-known model of masonry-like materials. The proposed constitutive law has been implemented in the finite element code MADY and has been applied to the study of masonry panels under different load conditions.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Ricci, Eleonora; Fraddosio, Aguinaldo; Piccioni, Mario Daniele; Sacco, Elio: A new numerical approach for determining optimal thrust curves of masonry arches (2019)
- Lucchesi, Massimiliano; Pintucchi, Barbara; Zani, Nicola: Masonry-like material with bounded shear stress (2018)
- Lucchesi, Massimiliano; Pintucchi, Barbara; Zani, Nicola: Bounded shear stress in masonry-like bodies (2018)
- Pintucchi, Barbara; Zani, Nicola: A simple model for performing nonlinear static and dynamic analyses of unreinforced and FRP-strengthened masonry arches (2016)
- Lucchesi, M.; Pintucchi, B.; Šilhavý, M.; Zani, N.: On the dynamics of viscous masonry beams (2015)